Replies

• bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    lol
  • deneicefatima
    deneicefatima Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a member of TOPS and it is a great weight loss and maintenance support group. The pig piece that you speak of is obsolete. I've found TOPS to be a wonderful group of caring and sharing people. TOPS has been in existence for 65 years for all who desire to Take Off and/or Keep Off Pounds Sensibly. Check out their website www.tops.org Much suggest in your journey
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    OMG. That's wretched about the pig necklace.

My mom was a member of T.O.P.S. locally about 6 yrs ago and I know she lost quite a bit (from the accountability factor I believe) but she gained the weight back and would not return after that. I just remember once she lost the desired amount of weight they called her a "K.O.P.S." (their idea of maintenance I guess...K = Keeping Off Pounds Sensibly, rather than T for Taking)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law was in T.O.P.S. for most of her adult life. It is still in business. I remember how she would obsess over what she ate and what she wore to the meetings. She had to wear her lightest clothes, because every little ounce counted. I think her group had something where you had to put money in a pot for every 1/4 pound you had gained and the person with the most weight loss would get what was in the pot that week.

^^ This would motivate me lol.

Me too! I am so cheap/frugal/greedy I think I'd get an ED from this alone LOL!!

At the chapter my mom joined the money in the pot went to the facility they met in :-/

My mom also said a lot of the women would diet/fast, weigh, and then go out for rich & fattening lunches immediately after each meeting. haha
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I am in T.O.P.S. and there is no pig necklace.......most of the women are older than me--my sister is the youngest member I believe and she is 40 ( I am 41), They "charge" you 25 cents for each pound you gain, and 50 cents if you don't make a menu minder. The weekly "fee" is $2.00....way cheaper than WW, and still has the accountability factor--weigh ins are private also.

We have speakers come in alot to teach about nutrition, exercising, etc etc.
  • faye9498
    Options
    I am a T.O.P.S. member in Nova Scotia I have found that it has really helped me stay accountable. An the weekly weigh in is great. wondering if there are more members out there that would like to talk?:smile: