Slim fast?

Options
I am a rural mail lady. It is hard to take lunch breaks on my mail route. Is there a drink similar to slim fast to supplement a meal? Is slim fast good for you? Is there one better than the other?

Replies

• hannat5017
    hannat5017 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I liked the taste of slim fast but I didn't feel full for very long. Now I just used the powder and mixed with milk. I can't offer any other suggestions just wanted to note I didn't feel very full after drinking it.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    What about protein bars or jerky? There are also many brands of ready to drink protein shakes such as muscle mlk.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    There are many better ways to hit your calorie goal but if you are set on a shake then buy whey isolate and blend it with whatever fruit/veg etc that fits your macro and micronutrient needs.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    if you're looking for a shake, there are lots of options that provide better nutrition/calorie (and price) ratio than Slim Fast. I'd try a few protein powders or RTD shakes like premier protein until you find something you like.
  • CellywithBellie
    CellywithBellie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use Vega One in the AM. I use it because it's all organic and plant based. I mix it with water or unsweetened coconut milk
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I am a rural mail lady. It is hard to take lunch breaks on my mail route. Is there a drink similar to slim fast to supplement a meal? Is slim fast good for you? Is there one better than the other?

There are many that will be better. Slim Fast is very high in sugar, not very filling. Plus the fiber supplement made me gassy.

GNC Lean Shakes get good reviews

As far as making your own.....protein powder would be ONE ingredient.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I actually really like slim fast. It tastes good Its very affordable, and mixing it with my choice of almond milk its less then 200 calories. For me this makes a great snack. If I am going to eat it as part of a meal I will add some fruit and either some greek yogurt on the side, or whole grain toast but as a meal I do need more then just the shake. I would like to add that for me, I have not had trouble with the fiber, and I have no health conditions in which the sugar in slimfast is an issue for me. I also like the special K shakes.
  • DezYaoified
    DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Special k chocolate mocha and a granola bar is my go to when i cant have a break at work. I tried the breakfast essentials shake but its a little smaller then the special k with more calories. I havent tried any other shakes.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Slim fast mixed with fruit or cream cheese is OK. Search for slim fast shake recipes. I used them last summer. Chocolate slimfast with cherries and creamed cheese is still one of my treats, at about 330 cals it is so tasty as a dessert and so filling. Yum. But there are tons of recipes out there, mostly for the powder though. Slim fast cappuccino extra protein is OK. Or mix up a banana split.