Zoodles

thereshegoesagain
thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
I just bought a spiralizer, made some zucchine noodles, tried to squeeze out water, sauteed in olive oil and topped with spaghetti sauce.
It's tasty but super watery.
What are your tips and tricks?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I like them raw or sautéed very quickly. Another option is to use a thick sauce that relies on the water from the zucchini - like adding in some Neufchâtel, powdered peanut butter, or hoisin/oyster sauce.

Check out http://inspiralized.com/spiralizer-recipes/ for a ton of recipes.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    i use them raw in salads, but if i want them in a warm meal i usually bake them for a while - it seems to dry them out enough to stop the meal turning into a watery mess!
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    i use them raw in salads, but if i want them in a warm meal i usually bake them for a while - it seems to dry them out enough to stop the meal turning into a watery mess!

Yep that's what I tend to do I find sweet potato noodles are less watery and tend to make them more
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    I saute very quickly. If you want them a little less watery, salt them about 10 minutes prior to cooking and squeeze out the water.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited February 2017
    You can try salting them a little and let them drain on a few paper towels. It's what people often do for cucumber salad.

@croftie4 ... sweet potato noodles... I need to try those!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited February 2017
    [quote sweet potato noodles... I need to try those![/quote]

Would these be called "spoodles"?
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited February 2017
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    sweet potato noodles... I need to try those!

Would these be called "spoodles"?

I sure hope they would be called that!! In fact, I think you've officially named them for me lol.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I just serve a sauce on them so I don't notice. Butternut squash "noodles" are delicious! I toss them with a little oil and roast them. So good! You need a robust spiralizer, though.
  • croftie4
    [quote sweet potato noodles... I need to try those!

Would these be called "spoodles"?[/quote]

• croftie4
    Spoodles with bacon spinach and cashew nut sauce - it's lovely