Does anyone know of a book or website that has recipes that are healthy and good for you?

Options
mhwitt74
mhwitt74 Posts: 159 Member
Any help will be appreciated.

Replies

• shampbj
    shampbj Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com is great for healthy recipes, and you can search by dietary restriction (vegetarian, low carb, etc.). If you are not on Pinterest, it's worth joining just to find and organize recipes. You can run a search for exactly what you want (dinners under 400 calories, low-carb chicken recipes, healthy slowcooker recipes) and find lots of tasty recipes from a wide range of sites all in one place.
  • dos775
    dos775 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Open a Pinterest account! Just type in what you want to make, "healthy recipes" or narrow the search down to healthy chicken and you'll find everything! You'll even be able to "pin" your recipes for later and create different "boards" of interest They have an awesome app for on the go to! Once you try it you won't go anywhere else! :)
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I second Pinterest. I usually make it and if I like it I print it out and 3-hole punch to make my own book
  • dmetzcher
    dmetzcher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tosca Reno has several books on clean eating. She and her husband were the editors of Oxygen magazine before he passed. The magazine also has clean eating recipes. Here books are very good.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste is awesome, but I also like www.slenderkitchen.com, www.cookinglight.com, and www.eatingwell.com.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Pinterest! If you're an Amazon Prime member, there are a ton of cookbooks available for free through Prime Reading and KindleUnlimited (if you have the KU membership)
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Whole30.com
  • mme1127
    mme1127 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    www.medifastblog.com
    My personal favorites are the green pepper philly cheese steaks, spaghetti squash lasagna, and the zucchini taco boats. I use 99% lean ground turkey in place of any recipes calling for ground beef. Check it out and let me know what you think! Good luck!
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    My favourite cookbooks are LooneySpoons, Crazy Plates, Eat Shrink and Be Merry and the LooneySpoons Collection. I like them because they give the nutritional info about each recipe, they use just regular ingredients that arent hard to find, there is a wide variety of recipes, including international based ones, they include everything from appetizers through soups, salads, pastas, sides, poultry, beef and even desserts and breads. I have one or the other open on my kitchen counter on any given day. Tonights dinner is a meatloaf recipe with extra lean ground beef, bbq sauce and other yummy stuff. It will tell me that it makes 6 servings, and what each serving will be calorie wise, as well as carb counts. The recipes keep my meal rotations from being bland and boring.

I have been cooking out of them for well over a year now and have lost over 100lbs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I think just about any recipe prepared using scratch, whole/minimally processed ingredients is pretty healthy and good for you. I get pretty much everything I do off of Pinterest. You can manipulate calories by using less oil, less cheese, etc.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Emilybites.com is one of my favourites!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    mywholefoodlife.com
    cleanfoodcrush.com
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I second Emilybites.com and also DashingDish.com. Some recipes are free, but I pay the $7 a month to get all of them. Her zucchini lasagna is heavenly