Hi y'all! 40 year old looking to lose 60+ pounds!

Options
2»

Replies

• heather3324
    Options
    Hi there, I am 41 years old and I am having a time getting motivated. I do good tracking my calories but I need to work out more. Its hard for me to get started at home by myself. I am 5"3" and weigh 194 and need to lose about 60 lbs. I have to be accountable to someone. I hope you get back to doing good and maybe you can give me some work out tips! :) take care and I am here for you.
  • looking4au
    looking4au Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am 48yo and looking to add some supportive friends. feel free to add me. Oh and by the way.........unfortunately I know what moose track Ice Cream is. lolololol
  • heather3324
    Options
    I am 41 years old and I am having a hard time working out at home. I track my calories but I need to start working out at home and I just cant find the motivation to do it. Do you have any tips for me that might motivate me? I see you have lost 18lbls that's great. You will do just fine getting off the next 16lbs.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm Diane - 45 (almost 46) - looking to lose 30 pounds. Find myself yo-yo-ing and have HUGE cravings and binges (I LOOOOOVE Moosetracks!) - I'm not a very good cook and I'm super picky. Feel free to add me - I could use all the help I can get!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :) I'm 45 and my goal when I started in February was 64lbs. Feel free to friend me if you'd like....I'm on MFP daily :)
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am 41 years old and I am having a hard time working out at home. I track my calories but I need to start working out at home and I just cant find the motivation to do it. Do you have any tips for me that might motivate me? I see you have lost 18lbls that's great. You will do just fine getting off the next 16lbs.

I realize I'm still new here (only 2 weeks in) but I do the Walk Away the Pounds and Richard Simmons videos at home. I'll also walk in my house, either to music, or doing basic WATP moves during the news. It may not seem like much, but it's working and about all I can do right now at this weight, with arthritis in my lower back & sciatica, and no money to go to a gym.

I wake up, have my morning coffee, get out a couple of bottles of water, change into my workout clothes, turn on my iPod, put in the WATP video, and then work out for an hour plus. After that, the rest of the day is mine...well, as much as it can be as a SAHHomeschoolingMom. By working out first thing, it's done and I don't have to worry so much about the day's calories because I'd already gained some.

Oh, and I put stickers on my wall calendar that I walk by constantly. Sounds cheesy, but I like seeing the smiley face for each day that I worked out and a star for each day I met, or was under. my calorie allotment. All of those good days clustered together far outshine the "bad" ones. :smile:
  • forevermaryb
    forevermaryb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 years old. I'm 5'9" tall and my current weight is anywhere from 154.8 to 157 lbs, down from 208 lbs and my goal weight is 145. I started my weight loss journey back in January after regaining all the weight I had lost on 2006. Back then, I had lost 65 pounds by eating "healthy" and exercising (it took 7 months). The weight just seemed to fall off. However, that was back in my 30's. Now in my 40's, there doesn't seem to be any "easy" way of losing weight (it comes off in fractions of ounces and is added by multiple pounds). I started by eating and exercising the same way I did on 06 and lost 6 pounds in the first 2 weeks. Great! Then, over the next 6 weeks, I had only lost 4 more pounds after being very careful. I lost a lot of motivation. Feeling discouraged, I went on a medically supervised diet that involved pre-packaged food (high protein, very low fat/carb/sugar) plus non-starchy, low carb/sugar vegetables and lean proteins. I was on that diet for 13 weeks and lost 35 pounds. However, I knew that this way to lose weight was not a way to lose weight to keep it off since most of the people I knew who lost on this diet regained it all back and more within a year or so. Plus I was ALWAYS hungry! So my thought was to lose most of my weight on that diet and lose the last 15 pounds or so the "right" way. I started MFP about 10 weeks ago and have lost 8 pounds (however, I've hit another stall pattern where I keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for what feels like forever, so right now my loss is only about 5.5 pounds). The scale is discouraging, but I'm feeling really good with lots of energy so I can't discount the positives of eating healthy and exercising. The difference in my energy and my overall outlook on life is astounding. Good luck to everyone just starting out and keep in mind that this change in your life is WORTH IT despite set-backs or plateaus or the overwhelming desire to eat everything not nailed down in your house.
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel! Cindi here...would love to support you and be as much of an encouragement to you as I can!

Feel free to friend me :)
  • lorinemeth
    Options
    Hi everyone i am 45 going on a cruise in two months and hoping to loose 30lbs with diet and exercise!! Rachel I will help encourage you and support you doing your endeavor of weight loss :) feel free to friend me :)