Critique my plan

Options
2»

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    jerb00 wrote: »
    I don't want to bore anyone with repeating parts of my previous posts. So...

I Can't progress on strong lifts anymore but like the simplicity. What do you think about this

3 progressively heavier warm up sets per exercise.
    3x5 at the heavy weight
    1x20 at half the heavy weight

The next day for those exercises would be same weight but increase 3x6, then 3x7 until 3x10 and then try for a heavier weight?

I would do this using the strong lifts A B days but also include the same process with hip thrusts on both A and B days (like the squats).

I know people always say to work the plan as is, but I can't and so I need an alternative. Thoughts?

Before you go off onto other plans, what are you current weight levels for the 5x5 lifts and what have you done to try and move past them (which have failed)?
  • jerb00
    jerb00 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Typically with my accessory lifts, I tend to be around 50-60% of your 1RM if you know what your 1RM is.

I do. Thanks. And what you said is in line with what I reread in the book. I find it a tad confusing because sometimes the plans conflict with each other. I figure if I am gonna do it I should take everyone's advice and do it right.
  • jerb00
    jerb00 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    So after lots of thought, reading, and searching I decided on the full body wendler template with first set last included. MWF I do the program and TTh I do hip thrusts following thr pattern I use for the deadlifts the day before as well as a light cardio push up and ab roller circuit.

I also figured out my real goal- definition. But here is my question...is it really possible eating at maintenience? I can't bulk and cut cuz my cutting would be 1200 cake and I have too many little ones around me to do that to them again. Eplaying with my Cals a few months ago and realizing I was eating in the 1500 range I gained. It looks not to good on the 4'10" frame. So at now 97 lbs I am staying at 1400 which won't allow me to really lose fat. But that is what I want. I'd like quad and hamstring definition with less fat on my thighs. My upper body is looking pretty good and my abs really always do. It is my lower body that I am concerned with. So...are my expectations unrealistic?