Fighting your cravings!

Options
fleeflee715
fleeflee715 Posts: 3 Member
Is there anyone else who has had problems conquering their cravings?!? I was wondering of things to do to stop my sweet tooth! All my life my mom spoiled me with chocolate ! And let me eat at night so now I'm trying to stray away from that and it's hard

Replies

• quitmanbarbershop
    Options
    I save enough Calories so I can have a bowl of Oatmeal or eat a chocolate and oats fiber one bar. :smile:
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating at night. Your body burns calories 24x7. I usually leave some calories over and have a couple of cups of popcorn (Skinny Pop; 80-86 calories for 2 cups) or a piece of string cheese.

For the rest, I look for lower-calorie alternatives. The Skinny Pop saves me from potato chips. Clementines or red grapes give me a sweet taste. And if I know that I want to indulge, I try looking up the calories ahead of time and asking myself if it's really worth it. Sometimes, the answer is yes and I make it fit my 'budget'. Sometimes I decide that I'd rather spend the calories on something 'cheaper'. And sometimes, it can be, "270 calories for one jelly donut is just too much. But all I really want is a little indulgence. Maybe I don't need the whole donut. It's worth 135 calories for me to get that sweet taste without the guilt. But yes, I do want to have that taste and I will keep thinking about it if I don't give myself a controlled amount."

Sort of like this old comic:

dinhsiav182q.png

There might be some treats you can't resist going overboard with. In those cases, do what you can to not have them in the house. But a treat does not have to be a cheat. And unless you're never planning to have sweets again as long as you live, there's nothing wrong with keeping a moderate amount in your life, along with a lot of other, more nutrient-dense foods.

(I make low-calorie desserts, but I don't give up desserts. Once a week, I have two pieces of potato kugel and frosted cookie at the refreshments after synagogue. I can't keep potato kugel in the house or I will finish it over the course of the day, a little slice here, a little slice there. But I can take two pieces at the buffet table, enjoy it, and go home. I can have the cookie and resist the cinnamon rogelach.)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    i always save calories for half a bagel with cream cheese before bed or i wont sleep. And i save the majority of my calories for after 2-3 pm. Whats wrong with eating late in the day just make it work ;) And as for cravings.....no harm in giving in just make them fit thats why i wait to eat so i have more calories when i want them for what i want.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I save calories for a low fat sachet of hot chocolate made with milk before I go to bed. It's sweet and filling. And I'll buy snowballs and tea cakes for about 100 cals each do if I really want chocolate then I know how much I'm eating. Knowing I have something to look forward to helps me x