SO HAPPY, I CRIED

Options
Bioc
Bioc Posts: 96
Sorry people, I just need to get this out! Its just a breather of relief to be honest, so you don't have to read it lol!

Just wow, I can't believe I cried over this but on Wednesday the 17th of July 2013. My life has changed for the best, it may seem like nothing to some people and may seem stupid. But this mean's everything to me and I couldn't be happier, feels like I've won the lottery!

So, on the 17th.. I found out, that after a month of work experience and hard work trying to impress the boss. I gained an apprenticeship with the NHS, in the finance department and going to be studying business administration as a qualification WHILE earning £200 pw. Starting on the 22nd July 2013!

I've had a hard life and left home at the age of 16 to face the world alone as I was better off. Living off benifits, going school and then got my own flat last year. Jus neeed a job, an A-Level and experience to complete me being set for the life! Now I'm here, I can't stop crying.. its just going to change everything, as my life has always been hard and I've never truly had money for myself.

Now I've worked out, I can spend £120 a month on HEALTHY food! I used to only spend £30 a month, this made me skip meals and that as I didn't have enough to eat. Then, £42 I can spend a month.. to attend the same GYM as my boyfriend and he can be my trainer to help me lose weight. Then I've put aside £50 a month for new clothes as I slim down!

But the most exciting bit is? That at the end of the apprenticeship (this time next year), I can afford by saving £50 per a month.. to go abroad for the first time with the boyfriend. To not only celebrate, me finishing my apprenticeship.. but to also celebrate that he complete UNI. Oh and hopefully a few stone lost, will be another reason to celebrate hehe. I can dream ;).

Ugh, the most annoying this is though till PayDay (27th August), I'm "fudged" as I don't have hardly any food or money. I used to claim british benifits but as I'm getting paid from today for working. They won't support me anymore and have left me in the dark. This mean's debt collecters will be after me, as bills are not getting paid and that. So the boyfriend's lent me some money to pay bills, but I haven't got any for food. So I won't be offically back on MFP till the 27th, BUT I'm going to try and track the "junk" food I have left and will be eating to suvive for the next month.

Wish me luck?

Sorry if I'm going on and on, I'm just so happy and thought I'd share it!

EXCUSE MY DODGEY SMILE!! :/

581420_10151567399446728_1492655200_n.jpg?oh=f5c5ea07038da67137ca2ec9052cd77d&oe=51EF182F&__gda__=1374676745_4c6e73208bf7527b3a8ee89f7ffcd9e8

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • Bioc
    Options
    Good for you!

Thank's, sorry its just I've been struggling forever and it hasn't helped to me losing weight and now I know its going to change my life. Not only in future cause of education but in health ;D ♥
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear your hard work is paying off.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

Thank's, sorry its just I've been struggling forever and it hasn't helped to me losing weight and now I know its going to change my life. Not only in future cause of education but in health ;D ♥

No, I definitely understand what it means to struggle and I think it is awesome that things are finally working out for you. Keep working hard and things WILL happen.
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I wish I could use the word "dodgey". However without a British type of accent it just sounds idiotic :(
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Well done & good luck
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    Congrats and good luck! :drinker:
  • Bioc
    Options
    Congrats!

I wish I could use the word "dodgey". However without a British type of accent it just sounds idiotic :(

:laugh: trust me, it sound's weird when we say it too.. Just we don't care :laugh:
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

:laugh: trust me, it sound's weird when we say it too.. Just we don't care :laugh:

Nah, it sounds awesome! But when Americans try saying it just comes out ... wrong.

Sorry. Ill stop sidetracking, am truly happy that things are starting to take a turn for the better, keep you head up and you will accomplish anything (*within reason*) you set your mind to!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Ugh Can I get the Cliffs Notes version? I wanna know what happened but its SO LONG!! :cry:
  • Bioc
    Options
    Ugh Can I get the Cliffs Notes version? I wanna know what happened but its SO LONG!! :cry:

:laugh: I used to be a poor person (use to live on £20 pw), now I have an apprenticeship (£200pw).. can live and it'll help me actually have success in losing weight. So sum it up lol :tongue:. Good healthy food, GYM and a life from today onwards :)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! A job AND a qualification is great :)

If you can, try setting aside an emergency pot too, so that if your circumstances change the debt collectors are no longer a worry. Holidays and clothes can be really cheap, if you choose carefully. Try charity shops and eBay, especially for inbetween sizes.
  • Bioc
    Options

If you can, try setting aside an emergency pot too, so that if your circumstances change the debt collectors are no longer a worry. Holidays and clothes can be really cheap, if you choose carefully. Try charity shops and eBay, especially for inbetween sizes.

Yeah, got an emergency/savings pot ;)

Thanks for the advise also, means alot. Just hope I can drop down now.. been trying to get past 240 for months!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

:laugh: I used to be a poor person (use to live on £20 pw), now I have an apprenticeship (£200pw).. can live and it'll help me actually have success in losing weight. So sum it up lol :tongue:. Good healthy food, GYM and a life from today onwards :)

YAAAY! Good for you!! Good luck on your journey! :happy:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

Yeah, got an emergency/savings pot ;)

Thanks for the advise also, means alot. Just hope I can drop down now.. been trying to get past 240 for months!

Sounds like you've got the hang of budgeting money, so I hope budgeting calories goes just as well!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Even though I don't know you, I am genuinely glad for you. Congrats! I know what it is like to be in that tough position. To worry everyday about the next day. But now your life is turning around! The apprenticeship is going to open so many more doors for you in the future.

And another vote for the emergency pot for just in case. Again, congrats!
  • becajb
    becajb Posts: 50
    Options
    that is so fantastic – well done you!

Re making your money last tips i can give you is when you can try and buy seasonal food from markets etc as it is always cheaper than buying to a recipe. So if one week mushrooms are cheap then buy 2 kgs! This is how i got through Uni with no benefits to support me. If nothing else buying fruit and veg in season also gives you a chance to make tasty healthily food that you may not have thought of before.

Also oats are really cheap and good for you too. A bag of oats goes a long way especially if you soak them in boiling water for an hour before you start cooking them. I can get 300gms of oats to do 8 breakfasts when cooked this way and slow. I make mine on water and only pick a bit of milk over the top to eat to cut the calories and also make it cheaper.

Best of luck to you!!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Aww, CONGRATULATIONS! Things are definitely looking up for you!

:drinker: