Does mfp work ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Royce284 wrote: »
    Good morning I was reaching out to see if mfp is accurate on calorie allotments it gives ? I am wondering if you have more success setting at sedentary and then adding in activity . I burn around. 400 calories in exercise. And I walk about 15000 steps a day ( I'm a stay at home mom ). Lol we move a lot thanks for the help !!!

In answer to your question, the allotments are fairly accurate. I like using the sedentary setting for myself as much of my day is sitting at a desk I put my activity level as sedentary and record all my steps and exercise (automatically through Garmin Connect). I am not an inactive person however, I am a runner and do many other things as well outside of work. I adjust my intake for the day based on how active I plan to be, it allows me to be more flexible. Hope this helps!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Hiker_Rob wrote: »
    Royce284 wrote: »
    Good morning I was reaching out to see if mfp is accurate on calorie allotments it gives ? I am wondering if you have more success setting at sedentary and then adding in activity . I burn around. 400 calories in exercise. And I walk about 15000 steps a day ( I'm a stay at home mom ). Lol we move a lot thanks for the help !!!

In answer to your question, the allotments are fairly accurate. I like using the sedentary setting for myself as much of my day is sitting at a desk I put my activity level as sedentary and record all my steps and exercise (automatically through Garmin Connect). I am not an inactive person however, I am a runner and do many other things as well outside of work. I adjust my intake for the day based on how active I plan to be, it allows me to be more flexible. Hope this helps!

My problem is my activity varies from day to day. Today I got over 15000 steps. Probably come close to that tomorrow. But weekdays I hit 5000 on the treadmill in the morning before I leave the house and struggle to get to 8000 some days.

So I'm set to sedentary and let my tracker add back as I am active.
  • peanutbuttertuesday
    Options
    MFP works when you do. :) It is an incredibly handy tool, and yes the calorie goal it helped me set has been pretty on point with my expected/actual weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!