BMR and AMR calculations

Options
Ells30
Ells30 Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone do this? I found this info today and calculated mine to find out what I burn on a daily basis with out exercise so I can try to burn 500 to 100 more than I consume and lose weight. I'm hoping this works but was wondering if anyone has tried it. Here is the link

https://www.jillianmichaels.com/blog/health-and-fitness/how-many-calories-do-you-burn-day

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Edit: I skimmed at first. Looked at it again.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I hate math; and, various websites have different calculations and the numbers don't always add up the same. On MFP, if you add your calories burned by exercise, it automatically adds those calories into what you are "allowed to have" and negates the point of weighing everything you put into your mouth to lose weight. So, no, I don't do it. I have a set number of calories that I am comfortable with and I am losing weight on them, so I am happy-er...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    I hate math; and, various websites have different calculations and the numbers don't always add up the same. On MFP, if you add your calories burned by exercise, it automatically adds those calories into what you are "allowed to have" and negates the point of weighing everything you put into your mouth to lose weight. So, no, I don't do it. I have a set number of calories that I am comfortable with and I am losing weight on them, so I am happy-er...

Can you elaborate on how utilizing NEAT and getting calories back from exercise negates the point of weighing out your food?