I am a runner. I am 247lbs.

12u3s0k3y9z4.jpg
I am a runner. My scale read 247lbs this morning and today's jeans say they're a size 20, I am a runner. This morning I ran, for the first time, for 20 minutes straight. I've ran/walked for twice that long before, but today was special because I pushed myself to actually run that long. I have been doing Couch to 5k since November of 2013 and today, I honestly finished week 5 day 3. I have restarted, set myself back a few weeks many times since 2013, so much that I haven't actually finished C25K. But I've kept at it, even participated in a 5k by doing my run/walk (45 minutes) and it has led me to this moment where I'm determined to finish my C25K program. And I know I can do it. I am a runner.

Slow and steady definitely wins the race. Find you pace and your jam. Keep chipping away at the stone. I am feeling awesome!

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,669 Member
    A couple of years ago, I was running (very slowly) on the bike path and came up on the local college running team taking a break. They were all fit young men. And I was this middle-aged fat woman, all red-faced and sweaty. But as I approached, one of them shouted, "Runner coming through!" And they all moved aside to let me pass. I just about cried.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    I admire and congratulate you, Runner.