Skipping the snacks (healthy ones too) and losing weight before wedding

Options
2»

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    1200 sounds really low for someone who is 5' 10"?

This.

OP, at 1200 calories/day, how far below maintenance is that for you?
  • GuessIgottalog
    GuessIgottalog Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    1200 sounds really low for someone who is 5' 10"?

This.

OP, at 1200 calories/day, how far below maintenance is that for you?

I am 5"9 and maintenance is about 1750 so my deficit is 500 cals as im eating 1250 a day now
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    You might want to do what I decided to do. I had my dress done to fit my current size. I have enough to stress about right now without adding the stress of HAVING to lose weight to fit into a dress. If I lose weight, great. If not, I know I'll be able to fit into my dress.

My dress is already pinned up to fit current size. It will be completed mid May and wedding is end of June. No biggie!
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Snacking is not bad. You can spilt your calories up into 1 meal, 3 meals or 6 meals. As long as it is the same amount of calories it does not matter. Do what helps you function best.

Since you are not overweight losing 10 lbs in 2.5 months is probably going to burn you out and be unhealthy. 5 lbs would be more realistic and healthy in that time period. Select .5 lb per week for your goal. As a sedentary 5'9" woman you should probably be eating about 1,300-1,500 calories in addition to some exercise calories. Do not eat below the recommended minimum of 1200 calories for women. You want to be healthy and at your best for your wedding not just slightly smaller.

Get a food scale and improve the accuracy of your logging. Solid foods should be weighed instead of using measuring cups and spoons. Check that the entries you are using from the database are correct. If you cook use the recipe builder to log your food.

Yes i have a scale i use everytime i eat. Also, i don't have the time. I just want the weight gone asap and then maintain.

The months before a wedding are a very busy, stressful time. Under-eating on top of that is not a wise plan.

Not for me. I don't arrive home for wedding until 1 week before. My mom is doing most cause she lives there
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    Unfortunately today I went over goal as I had a high bs then a low and so I had to treat it and ended up over treating. So I'd say 1250 most days and aim for 1400 to 1500 on days I have lows or just feel like I need a little more. Wiggle room I guess this is called.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Xongrats on your upcoming marriage!
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    I got married this past August and really wanted to lose weight but the months before the wedding are so fun with planning, bachelorette parties, showers and just celebrating your engagement. I didn't lose any, I maintained. I don't regret it at all. Of course I would have loved to look skinnier in my dress but I had the best engagement because I didn't stress and I enjoyed every second. Don't make your diet plans so extreme that you can't enjoy this special, once in a lifetime few months.

Cool. I will still enjoy! Cuz the fun doesn't start til June 20 when I fly home. Lol. Head is down and strong til then. I will look slim.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You are already at a healthy weight! What is your plan to maintain this new low weight after saying "I do"?
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    You are already at a healthy weight! What is your plan to maintain this new low weight after saying "I do"?

Yes maintain the lower weight after. Of course!
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I am going through my mental list of brides whose special day I've witnessed.
    I remember some happy ones.
    I remember some stressed ones.
    I remember one arriving late and trying to put on her shoe while the music was playing.
    I remember one being so painted and done up that I was wondering if she could breathe.

I do remember one or two whose wardrobe choice was... let's say not super flattering for their size, and one, much smarter (working for a fashion magazine maybe does that for you) whose plus figure was admirably draped with her dress enhancing her girly assets and fading away the plus extras.

for the ones I've kept in touch with, 0I remember how young they all looked compared to now, a few decades later.

You know what I don't remember?

Whether a single one of them was +/- 10 or even 20lbs from her more recent low or most recent high at that time.

Whether a single one of them was normal weight, vs normal to slim, vs normal to high normal vs...

and you know why? Because in most cases I wasn't staring at their *kitten* or boobs or stomach. in most cases, these being people I knew, I was looking at their faces and the emotions they were experiencing and which I was there to witness.

But that's just me.

The rest of the world should proceed with the traditional diet till you drop, eat it all back plus a bit more during the honeymoon.

Mine will be happy and fun! Stress free! And looking fab! Face, books, stomach and all! Looking to achieve the best me for me!!! Not for other people.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    jason17305 wrote: »
    Give up the snacks. Each time you snack, you raise insulin a little(depending if the food is low carb or not). Our parents had it right, stick to 3 square meals a day.

Insulin does not make you fat.

Insulin prompts your body to store extra energy as fat, but it can only do that if there is extra energy to start with. It can't magic up energy from nowhere.

It's about how much you eat, not when.

(And insulin is only involved in the storage of carbs - fat can just be stored as-is, no insulin required. The whole insulin thing is a complete red herring for weight loss).
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1200 calories with three day strength training and cardio sounds unsafe.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    And your 5'9. This is just unhealthy. If your doing strength training 3 days a week you should at least eat 1600-1700 cal a day
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    lady_ghost wrote: »
    And your 5'9. This is just unhealthy. If your doing strength training 3 days a week you should at least eat 1600-1700 cal a day

Some days I go over so it should even out pretty good.
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    ... anyone else see a loop hole here?
    Shes gonna lose the weight she wants by june whatever and then the fun starts and she says shes gonna enjoy... so.. do those days before the wedding not count? is your body going to just decide "Oh shes getting married and these are bachelorette party calories, we wont count those" and that be that?

Okie dokie then.. lol

Lol, ya!!! I will make sure to tell my body that you said this!

I don't care about the calories I eat and what they do when im enjoying my time! It's 2 days!!!! Then off to maintenance on MFP.