If i sleep in late

Options
How does daily calorie intake work? Including my macros and stuff... i slept in got up about 6pm and ate for that day till round 3am then started breakfast next day at 9 am... how to know when to split days concerning macros and calories?

Thanks

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Oh, I remember those days...

Most people just go from sleep to sleep. Others go from midnight to midnight. Pick a method that works for you and stick with it. What really matters is nutrition over longer time scales: weeks and months.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,939 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Only you will know whether moving things into convenient time slots is administrative convenience, or an attempt to make things look better, ultimately only harming yourself.

Your metabolism doesn't stop and there is no magical cut off. The days are an administrative convenience.

I continue to log things I am eating after midnight in my previous day's 8pm to midnight slot till I go to bed.

Unfortunately MFP has a 3am local time diary completion cut off, or it won't post the completed diary on my feed.

Things after ~2:55am mostly end in the first slot for the next day (I call it post midnight) unless pre-logged.

Hasn't stopped me from meeting my goals...
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    One of two ways. Track the time you're awake as a day. When you go to bed and wake up again, new day. Or track midnight to midnight.

Its not terribly important - the main thing I think is to be consistent. If you go back and forth your logs may be wonky.
    eddyr2007 wrote: »
    How does daily calorie intake work? Including my macros and stuff... i slept in got up about 6pm and ate for that day till round 3am then started breakfast next day at 9 am... how to know when to split days concerning macros and calories?

Thanks

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I go sleep to sleep but since I'm middle-aged, predictable, and boring that almost always correlates with midnight to midnight or 3am to 3am, however MFP does it :tongue:
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I sometimes don't end up eating on the weekends till 11 or 12pm, I just count it as a rounded day from 12:01am to 11:59pm, or even average for the week.
    I've been awake till 2am asking myself "If I eat this...what day does it count on." :lol:
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I divide it by sleep to sleep. My Apple Watch does not, unfortunately.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I split my days at midnight. It doesn't really make much difference when you split days as long as you do it consistently.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Daily calorie intake doesn't matter as much as weekly/monthly average calorie intake. So, count it however you want and, as long as your weekly average is fine, don't worry about it.