Am I skinny fat? What do I do now?

Options
Hi All

Been getting comments that I may be skinny fat!

Enclosed pictures of me in November 2016 and pictures taken earlier this week.

qmvyqvg6kfzz.png
torramgy9mws.png
rs01rter4eu2.png
sk8qad7zdjac.png

Weighed 61KG in November where now at 52KG.

TDEE is currently taken as 1850 based on 3 seasons a week of one hour Cardio on excerise bike and 4 Days Weights.

Currently averaging 1250 calories a day.

I'm not sure if I continue what I'm doing or do I need to increase my calories to build muscle given my status as skinny fat.

Any help would be appreciated!!! :-)

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Because 52kg might be very light for a male.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. I don't think you're skinny fat though.

How tall are you?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I don't see skinny.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    The question is, what do YOU think. If you want to add a little more tone, then you'll want to start in on lifting weights more seriously (as you didn't elucidate on what you meant by weights can't determine if more/less/progressive/etc), but that will definitely mean increasing your food more than you may already want to considering your TDEE is calculating exercise and you're still eating 600 under and less than what a 'average' male should ('average' women at base is 1200, men generally near more for larger frames).
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    52 kg is really light--114.4 lbs. How tall are you?

How much protein do you eat?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have no comment on your physique but 1250 is under eating for a male in general.

^^This, that's part of your problem. If you indeed are only eating 1250 calories you deficit is way too steep so when you did/are/were losing weight you were sacrificing muscle as well. This means you're losing weight, but your BF% isn't changing as optimally as it could. Now you're going to be looking to do either a recomp, or a bulk/cut cycle.

How tall are you......??? To get a TDEE of 1800-1900 cals for a 114lb, 25yr old male that works out 3-5 times a week I had you at 4'2" (127cm).

• DazzaGainz
    DazzaGainz Posts: 47 Member
    Options

How tall are you?

5ft 2
  • DazzaGainz
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    52 kg is really light--114.4 lbs. How tall are you?

How much protein do you eat?

5ft 2

Protein range from 70-90g a day
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    DazzaGainz wrote: »

How tall are you?

5ft 2

So are you happy with how you look? Are you still trying to lose, maintain, or?
  • DazzaGainz
    Options

How tall are you?

5ft 2

Not happy where not sure what I need to do now as what I'm doing seems to work but others saying I should increase my calories...

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    If you want to know your body fat VS LBM Lean Body Mass you can get a hydrostatic body fat test or the gold standard DXA/DEXA scan. A skinny fat person would be a smallish/skinnyish person with not very much LBM and plenty of body fat, rather subjective without the data.
  • DazzaGainz
    Options

How tall are you?

5ft 2

I feel I have a lot of fat on my back so I want to lose!

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    BMI of 21.... First i would consider trying to find my current maintenance level. Then I would consider my exercise regime.
  • DazzaGainz
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

How tall are you?

5ft 2

OK, you need to adjust your intake. From what I've found, someone your ht/wt/age and exercise activity level has a TDEE closer to 2200. You're cutting at nearly TDEE -50%, which is way...way to steep and sacrificing muscle.

Should I increase my calories won't I gain weight given I've been eating at 1250 on average?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

How tall are you?

5ft 2

OK, you need to adjust your intake. From what I've found, someone your ht/wt/age and exercise activity level has a TDEE closer to 2200. You're cutting at nearly TDEE -50%, which is way...way to steep and sacrificing muscle.

Should I increase my calories won't I gain weight given I've been eating at 1250 on average?

Earlier, you said you estimated your TDEE at 1850. Try that for a month or so. That will, if your estimation is accurate, keep you at your current weight.

Oh, and strength train, to help build some muscle.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

How tall are you?

5ft 2

Earlier, you said you estimated your TDEE at 1850. Try that for a month or so. That will, if your estimation is accurate, keep you at your current weight.

Oh, and strength train, to help build some muscle.

He says he's lifting 4x/week, which makes me wonder--OP, what is your lifting program?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

How tall are you?

5ft 2

I feel I have a lot of fat on my back so I want to lose!

You don't!