Fitbit - yah or nah

Options
mmsilvia
mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
edited February 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
I have had a fitbit Charge HR for a little over a year. It has recently started to not count my steps all the time. It might be time for an upgrade...should I stay with fitbit (and if so what model) or venture to another brand? Pros and cons. TIA :)

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    If you get (or have) a fitbit, be sure to change your password on their site, the company Cloudfare that runs their login service has been leaking info for the last few months accidentally. It was announced recently that you should change your password on many sites because of it, and I keep seeing fitbit listed along with 1password and a lot of the dating sites. They have not released a full list of sites Cloudfare managed yet.
  • cafisher0404
    cafisher0404 Posts: 77 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Charge 2, just got it a few days ago. I love it!!!!

Biggest pro for me is the continuous heart monitoring and the motivational guy that gets me moving. I'm a huge number person and it meets me OCD needs with all the facts, graphs and trends.
  • ledgey91
    ledgey91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you're having any problems with your device make sure you contact them - I've heard good things about their customer support and replacing faulty products.

I think any step/HR monitor won't be completely accurate but they're good for keeping an eye on your general fitness. I've got the Charge HR and do like it's integration with MFP, so in general I'm happy with my Fitbit (always find the battery is a bit short though!).
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If your Fitbit is under 2yrs old I think they will replace it, if not they should give you a discount code to buy a new one. 20-30% I think.