Where can I find more HIIT routine?

Options
I look on YouTube and try and find them or make up my own but wanting to follow routine more so. Also has anyone done or heard anything about BBG?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    darebee.com
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
  • ajaysmum
    ajaysmum Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has loads of free HIIT and total body workouts. It's awesome!
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    On YouTube...try FitnessBlender. Well over a 100 free workout videos ranging from HIIT to kickboxing to yoga
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Just be careful about what you read. A lot of people think they're doing HIIT when they're actually doing interval training (which isn't the same). Basically if you're doing it right, you're going to feel like hell for a little bit.

Here's a decent article about the distinctions. http://vitals.lifehacker.com/where-people-doing-high-intensity-interval-training-oft-1752388828
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    medic2038 wrote: »
    Just be careful about what you read. A lot of people think they're doing HIIT when they're actually doing interval training (which isn't the same). Basically if you're doing it right, you're going to feel like hell for a little bit.

Here's a decent article about the distinctions. http://vitals.lifehacker.com/where-people-doing-high-intensity-interval-training-oft-1752388828

So do you have HIIT exercises you recommend then?
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've done 2 different forms, on an elliptical and one outside. Both types I've done 5 intervals. Also with both you should warm up a few minutes before going into the actual interval part.

If you have access to a track/football field an easy way to do it is sprint from one goal line to the 50 yard line (or can go farther if you need), then walk back and repeat. On a track sprint the straight away, and walk the rest of the lap (or light jog it).

You can't really do effective HIIT on a treadmill (it's not safe, and the transitions are too slow).

On an elliptical, you're going all out for 20-30 seconds, and resting for 1:30-2 minutes (or as long as you need). Basically your rest period is going to be more of a "you'll know" kind of thing, and goes by feel.

In both types you need to make sure you're 100% effort/exertion, and that's the reason the sprints might seem short (because if you're doing 100% exertion, you can't keep it up for very long). Afterwards your legs will probably feel like mush (i used to feel like I was walking like a drunk), and you might be dizzy and/or nauseated (I was both). None of that lasts long though, within a few minutes it passes.
  • jordan_bowden
    jordan_bowden Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's has tons of HIIT workouts on youtube that truly take your fitness to the next level :)
  • fitgalpal13
    fitgalpal13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    I look on YouTube and try and find them or make up my own but wanting to follow routine more so. Also has anyone done or heard anything about BBG?

@Famof72015 Yeah I do BBG. Are you trying it?
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Try TheBodyCoach - loads of different HIIT routines!
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »

@Famof72015 Yeah I do BBG. Are you trying it?

I thought about it is it a pretty good work out and you pay $30 a month?