Monounsaturated Fats Question

Options
Hi All
Quick question..Monounsaturated Fat like in Almonds and Avocado..Do they count towards the same macro fat content? When I eat avocado raw or raw almonds and record in my food diary it just goes to "fats" It almost always pushes me over my fat content..It might be wishful thinking but does the Monounsaturated count the same ? Thanks!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    All fats will count in your fat macro. You can look at the full nutrition data on the app and see the total of mono/polyunsaturated fat, saturated fat, and trans fat you consume.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    While monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats may be better for managing blood lipid levels and/or blood sugar than saturated or trans fats, they're still fats and perform the metabolic functions of fat in the body. If you are concerned about the type of fat you're eating, it's generally recommended to replace trans/saturated fat in your diet with mono/polyunsaturated fat, not to eat unsaturated fats in excess of your macro goals. (Sources: http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-truth-about-fats-bad-and-good, my biology degree from 12 years ago)

tl;dr: it's all just fat.
  • srosenthal1225
    srosenthal1225 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    thanks !