New to MFP and Looking for Encouragement

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Alli and I am brand new to MFP. After years of trying different workout routines, I finally accepted that the root of my problems lie within my food choices. I recently started working with a nutritionist who recommended I download MFP. My goal is to get down 30lbs and back to my college weight from 5 years ago. Looking forward to coming here for inspiration!

Replies

• MegaTunez11
    MegaTunez11 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Whenever I want to lose weight quickly I do HIIT High Intensity Interval Training, sometimes 2 times a day and don't eat bread or sugar and you should be fine. Eat small, even if its bad for you.
  • 5n00py
    5n00py Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Add a bunch of folk here as friends. The auto-statuses that get posted by MFP (plus any status and update pics you manually post) get a bit of interaction from those friends. The friends here can help with usually positive motivation, and if you share your food/exercise diary, they can make suggestions about your food and exercise routines. Just keep in mind that any friends here are just other ordinary folk who are either on the same journey, or they have succeeded already, but they are not usually health professionals.

Suggest that whatever else you do, you log everything you eat, and be honest with the portion sizes. When you have a look back through your own food diary, you may even spot where your problems and weaknesses are.