Revelation about sugar

Options

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
    9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups

Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam. Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once.

:flowerforyou:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    :yawn: how many threads and in how many sections of the forum are you going to post this nonsense?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • melissarae27
    Options
    Do you follow Vinnie Tortorich? If not, you should! You would love him! He has a podcast and just came out with a book called Fitness Confidential.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt you adequately substituted the calories from your sugary treats with other, less sugar laden food.

Do you weigh your food?
    Did you weigh your treats beforehand?
    Did your activity level change at all?

Not that I expect any of these questions to be answered honestly, you seem already convinced.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I decided that the only thing that made sense to me in terms of what we 'should' be eating is the foods our biology is adapted to eat by evolution - which means going back at least 30,000 years - pretty much just meat and veg. Paleo diet in other words.

I can never find the ground Mammoth at Wal-Mart.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I agree, refined sugar is toxic. Getting natural sugars from fruit and honey isn't bad in moderation, but, the majority of sugar people in the west eat is refined sugar.

I'm just going to eat this chocolate bar....berrrr argh...I'm...it's poision! I'm dying! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?

Wait. False alarm. I'm fine.
  • Zakiya05
    Zakiya05 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    See I am annoyed with this whole sugar debate. I mean what type of sugar are we talking about? table sugar or fruit? MFP is always saying I am over my sugar content by eating like three servings of fruit. Like after a bannana, peach, and strawberries I am done for the day. Not to mention if I eat a sweet potato, then it's a complete wrap. Milk has sugar, rice has sugar, even carrots have sugar, everything has sugar. God forbid if I actually eat something every now and then that is an actual sweet. I don't even eat that many carbs but it is in my diet. I mean what do you want me to do eat meat and salad and that's it? I am sorry I gotta live my life. If that means me having a little fat around my tummy than so be it. The payoff is not worth everything I have to give up.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Promotion under a different guise. Classic.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I tell you what OP... if you really want to prove to us that sugar is the problem, then continue your diet as you do, but eat 1,000 calories above maintenance. Then, report back to us your results.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I tell you what OP... if you really want to prove to us that sugar is the problem, then continue your diet as you do, but eat 1,000 calories above maintenance. Then, report back to us your results.
    Great Scot! Logic?! You have no place here.:wink:

I'm going to go on the record as pro-choice on the sugar issue. If you don't like sugar, don't eat it.
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well hello there :D I really understand where you're coming from. In case you have time I think this movie might interest you: http://www.fathead-movie.com/

On my experience -
    sugar makes me feel hungry for more sugar, so I eat more and more. Obviously that makes me gain weight. Limit sugar - BAM! Problem solved.
    the only time I gained a significant amount of weight in my life was when I ate ice-cream every day. Eliminate ice-cream (sugar) - BAM! Problem solved.
    My diet used to consist of mainly fat and protein for some years - high calories or low calories, I still didn't become overweight. Introduced carbs (sugar) - BAM! We have a problem.

PS: by sugar I mean refined sugar, not fruit
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    Options
    See I am annoyed with this whole sugar debate. I mean what type of sugar are we talking about? table sugar or fruit? MFP is always saying I am over my sugar content by eating like three servings of fruit. Like after a bannana, peach, and strawberries I am done for the day. Not to mention if I eat a sweet potato, then it's a complete wrap. Milk has sugar, rice has sugar, even carrots have sugar, everything has sugar. God forbid if I actually eat something every now and then that is an actual sweet. I don't even eat that many carbs but it is in my diet. I mean what do you want me to do eat meat and salad and that's it? I am sorry I gotta live my life. If that means me having a little fat around my tummy than so be it. The payoff is not worth everything I have to give up.

I feel this too!!!! When I eat fruit, milk, and yogurt....wham!!!! There goes all the sugar I was allowed for the day!!!! So if I do eat carrots, or rice with dinner, there are some more sugars. Sometimes this stuff gets discouraging. Everything isn't for everybody!!!! Some people on here can lose weight eating a high carb, low fat diet. I was able to 20 years ago eating low fat and high carb....but now I can't so I adjusted accordingly!!! I absolutely CANNOT eliminate carbs from my diet. Even when I cut down carbs, a few hours after a workout I am craving it!!!! I am open to cutting them down and adding more fat and protein to my diet....no problem....but I cannot eliminate carbs....after a week or so, I am feigning like a mad woman and will consume every carb in sight!!!! Everything is moderation....it took me 7-8 years to gain all this weight!!!! It's not going to melt off overnight. Yes, eating like that will cause you to lose insane amounts of weight....but the average person is not going to be able to eat like that long term. Like the OP, they are going to get relaxed, add the stuff back in....and WHAM!!!! The weight piles right back on....it will be an endless yo-yo cycle where as I am trying to do what works best for ME and I can do it for the rest of my life!!!! Happy day everyone!!!!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    choose-your-own-adventure-sabotage.jpg
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    seems to me you have a chocolate addiction...and you went over your calories eating it..that is why you gained weight. simple as that.

for sure, if sugar is your trigger food..eliminate it and you will lose weight. I think that is what has happened for you. LIke for many of us.... we eliminate a food that they can't control..and they can stay within their calories more easily.

for me it is olives. can't stop eating them if they're in the house. yet..olives are not evil.

I agree with this. I don't think any one food is inherently evil. Everything in moderation. If you can't moderate it, eliminate it. I personally don't have a chocolate addiction, so one piece every now and then doesn't throw me into a binge. Oreos are different. One turns into twenty, so I just don't buy them. :smile:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh.
  • foodfastfit
    foodfastfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the links! I enjoyed watching the videos. I also have a love hate relationship with sugar :/
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    wait this is a repeat.....

this dude posted the exact same thing in another thread...

Trolling or just trying to spam your opinion? either way, total BS...

I maintain 13% body fat and eat sugar ....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I agree, refined sugar is toxic. Getting natural sugars from fruit and honey isn't bad in moderation, but, the majority of sugar people in the west eat is refined sugar.

Please explain how your body differentiates from sugar from fruit and "refined" sugar....
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I don't even track sugar, it's not listed on the majority of products I buy here.
    I track my carb macro (which includes sugars).
    I haven't had any problems.

Track your macros, stick to your calories... Y THIS SO HARD.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!