How to log core/yoga exercise?

Options
I have been unable to figure out how to log my 30 minutes of core/stretching/yoga that I do 6 mornings a week. It is not cardio or listed under strength training. I do not care about how many calories it burns I just want to keep track of it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    You can create your own exercise. When you search and it doesn't show up you can create a new one. At least I can on my phone. Not sure I tried it with the PC.
  • holisticnutrition365
    Options
    Search 'stretching.' I have used one for awhile and I do not believe I created it. It is "stretching, hatha yoga"
  • Saaski
    Saaski Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I use the "mild stretching" option listed under cardio for my flexibility training.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    I have used yoga entries that were listed under cardio. I haven't been logging exercise on here since I started using my fitbit, but I would think they were still there.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yoga is listed under the cardio section of exercises in mfp.
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I use the UA Record App to log all my workouts. This app syncs with MFP and has a series of yoga, walking, Class-based workouts, etc. and logs them directly into MFP. It's awesome!
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I don't log yoga
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to count calories for it, you can either log it as cardio with negligible calories (you can overtype the MFP calorie estimate at time of entry with anything you like), create a custom exercise, or put it in the "exercise notes" section. The latter is what I do with stretching/yoga.
  • moonlightsun1
    moonlightsun1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recently started practicing yoga. And this is still very difficult for me. Do you have any tips on how to overcome this barrier?
  • moonlightsun1
    moonlightsun1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Earlier I wrote about a barrier that was so difficult for me to overcome, since I just started practicing yoga. I asked a lot of other people how they did it. The answers were different, to be honest. I decided to use the Internet) It might be stupid, I'm not arguing. But I had no other choice. And there I ran into find here. I liked this resource because there is a large amount of available information that addresses all the problems that can be associated with yoga. I was so inspired by this that I decided to share it with you! Good luck to all.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I recently started practicing yoga. And this is still very difficult for me. Do you have any tips on how to overcome this barrier?

I just started yoga in late March. I am no expert, but have found doing short practices every day has gently made me improve. Yoga with Adriene videos are outstanding for those of us that can't quite be pretzels 🤣. I don't log my yoga here but I might start.