Wine!

Options
2»

Replies

• meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I mix my wine with diet sierra mist/diet 7-up/diet Sprite.... (one of these)... 5 oz glass suddenly becomes a 12+oz glass... as I sip it, I add more diet soda to it... I do not need a fancy bottle... I buy boxed wines with the spout/tapper on it so I don't have to feel like I need to "finish the whole bottle" once it is opened. I can sip on 105 calories of wine for 2 or 3 hours and not feel deprived....
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I bank calories so I can drink wine over the weekend because there is no way I can cut it out completely. I also just bought FitVine wine which is lower in calories than normal wine and it is actually pretty good! It's only a difference of about 30 calories but every little bit helps!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I very begrudgingly gave it up this week. I love wine but I end up eating ALL the things after a glass or two. It is sabotaging my diet efforts.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    meltedsno wrote: »
    I buy boxed wines with the spout/tapper on it

At least you select an appropriate wine to augment with a soft drink mixer. That sort of treatment on good wine would be very rude.
  • MelodyMomof2
    MelodyMomof2 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I bank calories so I can enjoy a few glasses a week.
  • liketoyak
    liketoyak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love wine but gave it up. I switched to gin. That way i can still budget for a drink, but I feel like I really have to want a martini to drink one. With wine, I'd drink my glasses and then eat. So far, so good with this plan.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Once a week is fine for me. And even then its only one small glass.