My first trip to One-derland

Options
So I weighed myself yesterday morning and I was 199.75lb! Not far into onederland but exciting none the less!

Today I'm at 202.5lbs - mega sad face.

Has this happened to anybody else? Motivate me :(

Replies

• missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Daily weighing fluctuates - which is why most people advocate weekly or monthly weigh in's because it gives a better cross reference. You may have eaten more sodium or not enough water or several reasons - unless you've been binging that weight won't be "actual" fat and probably water retention.

I weighed in at 199.6 this morning, so Onederland too!
  • AshleighCowie88
    AshleighCowie88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :) I was so disheartened this morning but I'll keep at it. So frustrating when your weight fluctuates so much daily but I'm always too scared to leave it till weekly incase I lose nothing and get even more depressed!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is a very awesome milestone that many of us relate to!
    Keep up the good work, and do not worry about being up a little, it will disappear!
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I weigh in monthly because I have a fitness routine that changes ALOT and crazy hormones. Daily weigh ins for me would probably cause depression on an epic scale! Try weighing yourself next week to see consistency. Good luck!
  • AshleighCowie88
    Options
    Thanks guys! If I'm honest, I'm terrified of weekly weigh ins. My thinking is that if I weigh daily, then I can see on a day to day basis if what I'm doing is working. I know its not a good idea but I literally cant help it. Its the first thing I think about when I wake up :(

I've started playing the biggest loser on the kinect because I was getting bored of 30DS. I might start doing both...
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You made it to One-derland. I am pretty sure you are still there and that the weight today is just water. :)

I am going to break myself the daily weighing habit this week. I want to only weigh and record on Saturday mornings. Doing it everyday pretty much depresses me. Daily weighing does work for some people, I am just way to obsessive. I know I am eating correctly to lost that 1lb a week and darn it I am going to trust myself!

Maybe try weighing 3x a week first? That way you can see if you are staying on track?

I am doing the couch25k program over again. Finished it and have run two 5K's but my breathing is still a problem. So I figure if I start over maybe I can get my breathing to learn with my body. :)

Good luck with all you do! You will rock it!
  • AshleighCowie88
    Options
    Hi Dani

What is couch to 25k? I've never head of that one before!

I think part of the problem I have is that I have to guestimate my calorie burn as I dont have a HRM :( I really wanta fitbit! I've asked Santa for one :)
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi Dani

What is couch to 25k? I've never head of that one before!

I think part of the problem I have is that I have to guestimate my calorie burn as I dont have a HRM :( I really wanta fitbit! I've asked Santa for one :)

It is a free app that I downloaded to my Ipod. The one I use is by Active. It is a 9 week program that takes you from being a couch potato to running your first 5K. :) I love it! You get to pick your "trainer" and it cues you on when you should walk and when you should jog/run. You do it 3 times a week for 9 weeks.

I started it during the winter and did it my first go round inside on a treadmill. I repeated weeks three times so I actually took 12 weeks to complete the program. When I finished the program I started running outside and I ran my first 5K in just over 40 minutes. Huge accomplishment for me! I was never a runner!

Now I am doing the program completely outside. I was diagnosed recently with exercise induced asthma. So I have an inhaler that I use when running only. I am doing the program again because I want to see if that will help me train my breathing now.

There are many of these apps on both apple and google. I have the samsung galaxy s3 phone but I use my iPod for this app (free on apple but $2.99 on google). If I didn't have my iPod, I would totally pay the money to put it on my phone.

I debated back and forth on spending the money on a HRM. I was driving myself nuts. For me (everyone is different) the way I was estimating my calories in and letting the program estimate my calories out, works. I constantly see that 1lb weight loss a week.