• JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    I use spices though and plenty of pepper
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I use spices though and plenty of pepper

Personally, I like to taste the beef in a burger. When used properly (not to excess), salt brings out the flavor of the beef. Or any protein, for that matter.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I like a splurge every 10 or 15 lbs. It has nothing to do with losing weight. It's because I REALLY WANT TO EAT GROSS FOOD but I can't have it every day. So, have a cheeseburger. It won't help you lose weight, but it might improve your spirits.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Beef without some salt tastes sad. A little salt in one's diet is not bad unless medically told not to have additional salt.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Only if it's okay with the cheeseburger.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Don't go grab a cheeseburger...

Make your own at home, no added salt, whole grain bun, grass fed beef, organic cheese and enjoy...

Unseasoned meat is a culinary crime IMO, and leads to a very bland and boring burger.
    Thank you.
    Beef, salt and pepper. Nothing more.

Season before, during and after.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    *picks off tomato, onion and lettuce*

There.. thats better :lol:

And puts it on my cheeseburger, even better now. Thank you!
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Don't go grab a cheeseburger...

Make your own at home, no added salt, whole grain bun, grass fed beef, organic cheese and enjoy...

Unseasoned meat is a culinary crime IMO, and leads to a very bland and boring burger.

Agreed. If you make your own you best know what you are doing :D
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    And all this being said...

Think cheat meal, not cheat day...

Besides I've never liked the concept of a cheat meal, I'm not cheating on my diet because I'm not on a "diet". I eat healthy because that's just the way I am... But I'm not a monk either and will eat out occasionally and have a few glasses of wine on the weekends, again not cheating... Just the way I am :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    JUMPSTART!

wtxih924u8h0.jpg

This is a jumpstart I can get behind. Yum!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Have a cheeseburger if you want a cheeseburger. You will not jumpstart or fool your body though.
    You will eventually lose weight again if you consistently have a calorie deficit.

It has only been 3 days. You shouldn't expect to lose weight every day. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You said a few weeks - consider where you are in your menstrual cycle. I have two weeks a month where I can pretty much count on little or no loss, but if I stay on track it will eventually catch up and I'll have a week of big losses.

By all means have the burger, just make sure it's worth the calories. And for the love of Dog use salt! :tongue:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Get me one while your out! No cheese though.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Now I want a Swiss cheese and mushroom burger. I have the Swiss cheese - will need to get the rest of the ingredients. Think it will be tomorrow's dinner, after 9 mile run.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    ljmorgi wrote: »
    Only if it's okay with the cheeseburger.

Just a little squeeze...