Withings steel smartwatch

Options
I currently have a fitbit surge which I love everything about except the look, am considering a Withings steel which seems to tick all the boxes except GPS. I think it's pretty new and not been able to find many reviews or actually see one in a shop, any mfp users have one?

Replies

• Elligatorz
    Elligatorz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had one for a few months and wasn't very impressed, but it would definitely depend on your personal needs. The Withings Steel was very basic, essentially a pedometer that tracks sleep as well. I found it estimated calories burned inaccurately and way too low. I couldn't maintain energy levels eating that low cal. Also, the body of the watch was really thick so it protruded from my wrist and the strap it comes with is really ugly. I upgraded to a Fitbit Charge 2 and love it so much more. It tracks my circuit training, yoga, and stairclimber which the Steel did not. It definitely looks more sporty though.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from any of the smartwatches with fitness features. They are mainly smart watches, and the fitness features tend to be very basic and inaccurate.

If you are looking for a good fitness watch with good GPS, check out some of the Garmins, Polar, or Suunto products.