Ahhh left for vacation 123lbs came back 136lbs

Options
Is all of this fat weight gain? It's been 3 days since I've been back. 9 days I was on vacation. It's okay if it is, I know I can lose it again, well hopefully, but any opinions or advice to get this gone fast would be appreciated.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I've done that, I had some serious fun but it was mostly water weight. Get back to logging and into a deficit and it will be gone in no time! Welcome back!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,740 Member
    Options
    Entirely possible to be 13lbs of fat... if every day you were on vacation you ate above your, say, 2000 Cal maintenance, another 5,000 extra Cal a day :wink: each and every day!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    3 days isn't enough time to really know anything. Assuming you ate at restaurants, etc, for many meals, give the water retention a good 2 weeks to dissipate - and longer if you're near your period or ovulation.

Just get back to your usual routine, drink plenty of water and get your fiber in. And be patient!

~Lyssa
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    3 days isn't enough time to really know anything. Assuming you ate at restaurants, etc, for many meals, give the water retention a good 2 weeks to dissipate - and longer if you're near your period or ovulation.

Just get back to your usual routine, drink plenty of water and get your fiber in. And be patient!

~Lyssa

Okay, thanks!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Flying causes one to retain water too! Give it a few more days.
  • Famof72015
    Options

Oh my gosh my feet and hands were swollen on the plane and the first 24 hours after coming home. I have felt out of it the last few days, puffy, swollen just out of it.... hmmm.
  • alid8333
    alid8333 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others, most is probably water weight. Give it a couple weeks and I'm sure it will all come off. Hope you enjoyed your vacation. Mine can't come soon enough (going in July)..
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I retain a crazy amount due to flying. Last holiday I lost a good 10lbs within a week of being back. My real gain was 2lbs and I can totally live with that. So give it a couple of weeks before you assess the real damage.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I was going to suggest this as well. I've seen people here say they gain as much as 10 lbs from water weight when flying! I'd just give it a few days. Things may even out.
    ETA: heh, just noticed the post above mine. ^^
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I did the same thing when I went on a 1 month vacation. Gained 14lbs, some would have been water weight and didn't get back on track which was a really bad mistake as I kept gaining. Well done for coming back!

I bet if you start counting again you'll have a little whoosh in a few weeks when the water weight comes off and you'll see you didn't gain too much after all.. and if you did, well you'd be back on track soo yaaaay!!! XD
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You ate lots carbs and probably consumed lots alcohol = water retention 2 weeks strict plan it should be 80% gone
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I know a few people that go on 7 -10 day cruises and come back 15 pounds heavier. I just can't imagine eating with abandon after working so hard to get fit, but I apparently it happens - a lot! OP, hopefully much of it is water weight.
  • Famof72015
    Options
    I drank a lot of fruity drinks and beer, didn't really consume to much food but way more than usual. I'm not beating myself up over it, I had fun and I will get back to maintenance. Thanks for all the positive feedback!
  • kristinahoad
    kristinahoad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently had this experience! Went on a 8 day cruise in early February...left at 121.9, came home and was 134.8. Now 2 weeks later, being in a slight deficit and resumed exercise I am 124.7. So a 2-3 pound gain of fat. Give yourself a couple weeks :)
  • Famof72015
    Options
    I recently had this experience! Went on a 8 day cruise in early February...left at 121.9, came home and was 134.8. Now 2 weeks later, being in a slight deficit and resumed exercise I am 124.7. So a 2-3 pound gain of fat. Give yourself a couple weeks :)

That's comforting to know. Thank you!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    Is all of this fat weight gain? It's been 3 days since I've been back. 9 days I was on vacation. It's okay if it is, I know I can lose it again, well hopefully, but any opinions or advice to get this gone fast would be appreciated.

Did you have a good time though?
  • Famof72015
    Options
    Yes!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »

That's comforting to know. Thank you!

I've been on two cruises since maintaining a 118 pound loss. I ate what I wanted. I probably gained around 7 or 8 pounds each one, but I just got right back on track with a deficit to lose the pounds. Well worth it to me.