Sugar ?

Options
I'm worried because I keep going over my sugar allowance in fruit and now im worried is fruit sugar fattening too ?
In moderation I have like 2 portions of fuit a day :)

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Two things:
    1. The MFP suggested allowable for sugar is based on the recommended intake for added sugar, not natural sugar. However, MFP does not distinguish between added sugar and natural sugar in the diary, so it is unbelievably easy to go over the intake by eating your recommended daily fruit.
    2. Sugar isn't fattening, calories are. Sugar gets a bad rap because it contains calories and little else as far as nutrition is concerned, however it is perfectly fine in naturally occurring forms like fruit. Most of us don't bother tracking sugar. Unless you have a medical need to do so, such as diabetes, it might be worthwhile to remove it from your diary to keep you from stressing over it.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    ^^ this.

sugars in fruit are not an issue as the body processes these fine. like the person above me has said added sugars are the ones you have to watch out for.
  • Formeonly21
    Options
    Ahhh Thank you feel better now :)
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ahh good, because i eat so much fruit i fly over my sugar intake too!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Sugar in fruit is equally fattening (or not) as any other sugar, on account of it being the same molecules.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1017237-so-what-s-with-this-sugar-then-faq
  • Littleem1982
    Options
    I don't worry about my sugar intake I got over by 100 sometime and Im still loosing I wouldn't worry :happy:
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Sugar in fruit is equally fattening (or not) as any other sugar, on account of it being the same molecules.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1017237-so-what-s-with-this-sugar-then-faq

Agreed, but there is no medically agreed upon limit for natural sugar intake. My point is that the MFP sugar limit is essentially meaningless to most people. Provided that you meet your calorie and macro goals, going over your sugar limit as set by MFP won't have any negative impact.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You obviously never seen banana girl 3000 cals in all fruit very thin
  • Frelling_Tralk
    Frelling_Tralk Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the one I always always go over on too