Breakfast ideas- no eggs!!

Options
emmagrace0818
emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
I'm doing low carb and don't like eggs, that really takes a lot of options away from me!
Anyone have any alternative ideas?
Thank you!

Replies

• SageParsons1991
    SageParsons1991 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    http://thebigmansworld.com/2015/10/28/four-ingredient-flourless-protein-brownies/

This link will take you to a recipe for protein "brownies". I baked mine in muffin tins and made "chocolate" protein muffins. I would suggest looking into recipes that utilize protein powder to help you reach your protein goals without having to use eggs. Even just a good protein shake in the morning makes a great breakfast :smile:
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    http://thebigmansworld.com/2015/10/28/four-ingredient-flourless-protein-brownies/

This link will take you to a recipe for protein "brownies". I baked mine in muffin tins and made "chocolate" protein muffins. I would suggest looking into recipes that utilize protein powder to help you reach your protein goals without having to use eggs. Even just a good protein shake in the morning makes a great breakfast :smile:

Great idea, thank you!!
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Apple pie over night oatmeal

1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
    1/2 cup any kind of milk
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    Apple
    Sweetener to taste
    Pecans (optional)
    Chia seeds or flaxseeds (optional)

Compineoats milk applesauce cinnamon and nutmeg into the jar and put it into the fridge over night. Put into a bowl in the morning and add toppings
  • alysavandyne67
    alysavandyne67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! It's healthy
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee 45 cal. bread only has 18-carbs in a slice...this opens up a whole avenue of sammiches for you...crammed into a single slice of bread :-) Peanut butter, bacon, sausage, ham, cheese, pulled pork, etc.

There are other lower carb options including some tortilla, but IMO they don't taste as good.

Don't laugh, but back in the day when I was doing low carb as well, I tried making crepe's as my "tortilla." It was good for a switch but I did not do it a second time. Also - crepe's may taste a tiny bit eggy.
  • maybebeccadough
    maybebeccadough Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I go light for breakfast because i prefer to have a large meal late in the day to prevent night time snacking... I'm also lazy and don't want to cook anything for breakfast, so mine is a piece of fruit (usually apple) and 2Tbs of powdered peanut butter.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I second the yogurt except that I'll add in some nuts and berries...e.g. Hazelnuts and blackberries or strawberries and walnuts or raspberries and almonds. Sometimes I'll use seeds instead of nuts like pumpkin seeds with blueberries is awesome! It's neat to experiment with different combinations.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Leftovers from the previous day's dinner make a great breakfast. While not traditional breakfast food, it's usually quick and easy to prepare.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Deli ham and slice of cheese wrapped around a piece of avocado
    Low carb protein bar such as Think Thin or Pure Protein
    If you are okay with fruit, then peanut butter and apple or banana
  • Rachael_789
    Rachael_789 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with either fruit or granola.
    Coffee and belvita biscuit if in a hurry.
    Bagel thin with peanut butter and banana.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt with frozen fruit and chia seeds. Plain Greek yogurt by itself is tough to eat but the fruit and juices from the fruit make it awesome.
  • pthingy
    pthingy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Unconventional but easy:
    1. Try having some salad. Tuna, spinach, some lettuce, bell pepper (just an idea, you can throw in whatever veggies/protein you have)
    2. Leftovers (chicken, burger, whatever, just make some extra at night and eat that in the morning)
    3. Bacon, Spinach and green beans (seriously, this is soooo good)
    4. Breakfast sausage (check the label just in case)
    5. Soup
    6. anything!

Breakfast is just another meal, don't stress too much over it. I have to say that not eating eggs limits your options of fun breakfasts (but you could check some AIP Paleo sites where there are people not eating eggs because of allergies/etc)
  • kwil74
    kwil74 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Skillet scramble..Veggies: onion, spinach, kale, tomato, mushrooms ect.. w/ bacon, ham, sausage, chicken sausage ect..topped with cheese
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Skyr Yogurt! It's 18g of protein and is so thick and creamy. I add 1 tbsp of cherry pie filling and it tastes like cheesecake.
  • shiri171
    shiri171 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Avocado - either squash it and add Peper and salt or add finly chopped onions (also yummy with hardboiled egg but since u said no eggs..)

Tuna salad- canned tuna, red pepper, onion, spring onions optional, jalapeño, pickled cucumber in brine and a tbs or two of mayo/yogurt.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I really like cottage cheese, so often have either JUST cottage cheese or that and some fruit.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Also - BACON!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, quest bar, greek yogurt, leftovers, lettuce/(deli) meat/avocado roll ups (or sandwich) are my go tos. I like small breakfast and med lunch or a BIG brunch around 11. Almost never "breakfast" food.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    avocado, bacon, sausage, ham, cheese, greek yogurt and put chia seeds in or the avocado, cream cheese