Weekend splurging

Options
So , weekends seem to be my indulgent times . I enjoy seeing family and eating yummy foods and my calories tend to be a lot higher on wknds . So I had an idea but just wanted to check and see if any of you guys do this and your advice :

Im thinking mon to thurs eating 1200 calories but not eating my exercise calories back

Then fri sat sun 2000 calories a day ?

Im 4ft 11
Female
8st 7
29 years
Exercise x3 a week . 2x bodypump then 30 min hit workout with weights

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    I do an "eat below maintenance some days, over on others" strategy. If you're going to do it, it would make sense (to me) to log all 7 days as accurately as possible (no doubt some estimating will be required), and calculate reasonable targets based on your best personal estimate of TDEE, so you can adjust knowledgeably if this doesn't work out.

If I do the arithmetic right (I usually don't ;) ), your scenario suggests you think your average daily calorie goal is 1543. If you're sedentary in your everyday life, your NEAT would estimate to be around 1400 daily per calculators. If your exercise amounts to around 1000 calories weekly, you could expect to maintain weight, if calculators are accurate for you.

800 calories is a pretty big swing between days; you might experience some lowered energy on the low days, which could negatively affect daily life and workouts - not sure.

Try it and see. You should know in a month or two how it's working out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine, if you can manage 1200 on those days?

I eat 100-200 cals less Monday to Thursday so I can eat more on the weekend. My long run on the weekend also gives me an extra 700 + cals.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't go as low as 1200, but I do similar - I have one "high day" (normally sunday), a couple of "normal" days and the rest of the week is "low" days. It gives me the opportunity to be a bit more flexible on the weekend and feel like I'm splurging a bit...
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    What u intend to do is exactly what i do do.
    I love a treat at the weekend.
  • ShareeEmma
    ShareeEmma Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole pack of 'share' chocolate caramel bites last night WHICH I WAS NAUGHTY AND DIDNT LOG ☺️. It happens. We just have to pick ourselves up and try again