New to this

I dont understand the Macro counting or what it is.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Don't worry about it. Set an appropriate calorie goal and try to stick to that first.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Macros are an alternative way to calorie counting to look at your food intake, and is measured in grams of proteins, carbs and fats. Those things are the "macros" and people set different amounts for themselves to eat instead of calories. Some believe that with the right balance of those amounts, calories are secondary, which is why you'll see IIMYM or IIFYM which are "if it meets/fits your macros" the calories needn't be counted.

I have no opinion on counting macros, I've lost 33lbs counting calories so I'll stick with it.
  • igottapee333
    igottapee333 Posts: 9 Member
    haven't lost a pound in over 2 .5 months I even lowered calories to 1300 a day so I don't see this working 4 me hope u have better luck!
  • JoHmes
    JoHmes Posts: 3 Member
    Whilst I know the calories count, it's always the macros I'm more interested in, I changed mine in the settings to allow me more fat and protein and less carbs, my weight hasn't changed in nearly a month, but I am definitely leaner