Flabby

Options
Hi everybody! I've lost 38 lbs. Over 2 years. I started at 140, then quit and balooned up to 170. Now I'm between 135-129ish. I lost the weight slowly on purpose. My problem is I am so flabby! Yuck! I'm 47 years old but ny butt looks like a saggy 80 yr old. I have a hard time exercising because of a car accident and hashimotos disease. Any suggestions? I just need to excercise right...I knew you'd say that. ha ha

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    What can you do?
    What can't you do?

Your body ultimately reflects what you actually do - but (butt?) it's a slow process so enjoyment is a big factor too.

Strength training is going to be the most time efficient method to change yourself but cardio that includes a resistance element is only going to help.
    Have a look at a few cyclist's backsides for example but try not to get arrested!
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    What kind of limitations do you have in what you can do? I agree that strength training is the best to reduce the appearance of flabbiness.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a good answer for you, but I'm in the same boat. Overall I look pretty good. But have pockets of flab in my arms, belly and thighs. Im thinking there are two options, the first being recomp or the second being -- in my case -- drop 10 or so more pounds. While recomp isn't going to have me looking great in a bikini in a few months, it is a more appealing option than spending another 6 months in a deficit.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Swimming is a great exercise to tone you up plus it's a great calorie burn.