March- Hula Hoop Challenge

Options
ValleyHooper
ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
I invite you all to enter the March hula hoop challenge.

Hoop your way through March. Hula hoop every day for as long as you are comfortable. Recommended 30 mins daily.

Did you know???

You can burn up to 210 calories in a 30-minute workout, or 7 calories per minute. How awesome is that!!!

Before starting this challenge.....
I encourage you to take tape measurements of your hips and waist prior to starting this challenge. At the end of the month retake those measurements. If you have been hooping daily and dedicated you will be amazed at the results.

You've got this! Grab that hoop and shake what your momma gave ya! Working out has never been this much fun. :D

Join Hula Hoopers Unite

I've also created a group for fellow hoopers or anyone who is looking into starting.
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119253-hula-hoopers-unite

I hope to see you all March 1st for a fun challenge that will torch those unwanted calories and whittle your middle. Bye bye love handles, see ya later muffin top.... hello abs!

Let's do this!!! I am right here with you all. <3:) Hoop Life Baby!!! <3:D

Benefits of hooping....
Hooping-Benefits_no_BG-e1406857502823.png

Replies

• 30lbslightergoal
    30lbslightergoal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge! I dusted off my hula hoop
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! But only 210 calories in 30 minutes!
  • suse33
    suse33 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Time to dig out the hoop gathering dust in my closet. Curious to see what the results will be.
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    Xvapor wrote: »
    Sounds fun! But only 210 calories in 30 minutes!

Still better than no calories burned at all. It's also a great exercise for people of all fitness levels. I burn close to 300 or over 300 calories in 30 mins every single time I hoop.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to joining!
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    First day of the March hooping challenge. Who's with me? Let's do this. Grab that hoop and shake it!!
  • jlsza
    jlsza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! It's been awhile, but when I hooped before I loved the results
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    jlsza wrote: »
    I'm in! It's been awhile, but when I hooped before I loved the results

Awesome! Happy to have you along. :) If you have time to take hip and waist measurements I encourage you to do so. I just took them and will retake at the end of the month. You will be surprised at the difference hooping every day will make, plus, it's just stinkin fun!!! Have fun!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I got 10 mins in today! (Be kind, I'm old and a newbie!) My goal is 10 mins X 31 days...
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    I got 10 mins in today! (Be kind, I'm old and a newbie!) My goal is 10 mins X 31 days...

Hey that is awesome! Way to go. You've got this. Did you have fun?
  • ktloo
    ktloo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ohh I'm on for this one too! Goal for now will be 10 minutes a day till I get back into the spin of things and go from there :)
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Whoop! I'm going to try this- need to mix it up. Looking for my tape measure now...
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    3/1/17- weighted hula hoop for 30mins. 279 calories burned!
  • ValleyHooper
    Options
    Well, I did my hooping for the day but my fitness band is not syncing with the computer. So, I am not sure how many calories I actually burned. :(
  • ktloo
    Options
    Late (ish) start but...

3/3 - 10 minutes :smile:
  • ktloo
    Options
    Well, I did my hooping for the day but my fitness band is not syncing with the computer. So, I am not sure how many calories I actually burned. :(

Bummer! What kind of band do you use?
  • 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Never thought of hula hooping! Waist and hip reduction... really!! I would love that.

Do you just use a standard kids plastic hoop? @valleyhooper you mentioned you weighted your hoop... please fill me in on the ins and outs of hoops and what to buy. I'm in Australia
  • She_Devil23
    She_Devil23 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im in. This sounds fun! I never thought of hoola hooping as an exercise. But when you think about, its pretty smart. Its a fun excercise that can easily be done in the living room.
  • suecru24
    suecru24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im in love hila hooping
  • Michellelynn219
    Michellelynn219 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. I haven't used my hoop in a long time. I can only do 2-3 minutes. It's 3.3 LBS, it hurts my hips.