eating and exercise

Options
Hi, I set my calories at 1550 including my exercise...i usually work out 2 hour a day, Monday's I usually work out an hour of weights in the morning and then I come back for a spin class at night, should i add another 100 calories to tomorrow because I'm doing an hour more...

Replies

• zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I usually work out 1 hour a day
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I thought you were a personal trainer? What would you tell someone you were training if they asked this question?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Using MFP, you should net 1500 cals.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I am a personal trainer but I guess I need some help with myself...a therapist sees another therapist for themselves...they might have the most fabulous aside for their clients but need outside help for themselves... so please stop throwing in " I thought u were a trainer"
  • zfitgal
    Options
    what I would like to do is cut out the afternoon cardio and keep my deficit the way it is. I added in that cardio because I yhought i would lose wright not realizing I was eating as much as i was
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    zfitgal wrote: »
    what I would like to do is cut out the afternoon cardio and keep my deficit the way it is. I added in that cardio because I yhought i would lose wright not realizing I was eating as much as i was
    Using MFP, you should net 1500 cals.

• zfitgal
    Options
    ur referring to the 2 hour day tomorrow I'm assuming?
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I eat 1550 everyday, are you saying netting 1500 and adding in for exercise?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Set MFP using your activity level and desired weight loss.

Eat back exercise cals to net that value.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Eat the number MFP gives you according to the loss you would like to achieve each week, log your exercise and eat half your exercise calories back. It really is that simple.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yes, adding extra calories for exercise. Fuel your workouts!
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I agree with all of you and thank you for your responses..tomorrow is the only day I do 2 hours, I don't want to reset my calories yet. I think I'm in a good starting deficit, just curious if I should be eating more ( just tomorrow) because of tomorrow's long workout..thanks in advance
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    zfitgal wrote: »
    I agree with all of you and thank you for your responses..tomorrow is the only day I do 2 hours, I don't want to reset my calories yet. I think I'm in a good starting deficit, just curious if I should be eating more ( just tomorrow) because of tomorrow's long workout..thanks in advance

If you net your calorie goal then you would end up eating more on days you exercise more...
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I made my calories a set 1550 a day.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I think OP is attempting to use the TDEE method, not NEAT. If it's just a one off I wouldn't even think about it, at most you're getting what, 300 calories from a workout? Spread that over the week and it becomes pretty negligible in the grand scheme of things.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I don't know my exact calorie burn via exercise...so coming from where I was which was between 1700-1900 calories a day to now 1550 including exercise, I think is a great starting deficit
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I think OP is attempting to use the TDEE method, not NEAT. If it's just a one off I wouldn't even think about it, at most you're getting what, 300 calories from a workout? Spread that over the week and it becomes pretty negligible in the grand scheme of things.

makes sense, thank you very much ☺
  • zfitgal
    Options
    just trying to really account for everything
  • TavistockToad
    Options

1550 sounds low for working out every day for an hour or more
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

1550 sounds low for working out every day for an hour or more

Generally I'd agree but OP was doing WW and not losing for a year. The problem was not counting veggies, OP had made a guesstimate as to how much she was off by inputting an average day. She also doesn't do an hour of cardio a day.

So a starting point and if losing too fast, adjustments can be made.