Upped my calories - losing finally!

Options
2»

Replies

• ketchupqueen
    Options
    Fantastic!! Isn't it nice how when our calories are properly set, our bodies properly respond??? :happy:
  • AliciaNineteen72
    Options
    That method would allow me to eat 1708 calories! I might have to experiment with that way. I did stall out really quickly on the 1450 that MFP has me eating, but finally started losing a little again now. But if I can eat more calories and lose better which is what I'm hearing from many, that would be great. I am, like you, a little scared to try it because I don't want to gain any weight back!!! I have a long way to go yet on my weight loss. I'm so glad it has worked for you, and congrats!!!!!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    way to go! i am proud of you for doing the research and trying to figure out what works for you. it makes me sad when people stall out and just give up without trying to figure out why or how to kick it back into gear. and isn't it AWESOME when the solution is to EAT MORE!? keep it up with the healthy food choices! and don't be afraid to challenge yourself!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Great read; that's what I love to hear! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • misstammy123
    misstammy123 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow well done - 7 lbs in 2 weeks is certainly something to be proud of!! You should reward yourself with a manicure or something you'd enjoy :)

I think I'm in the situation you used to be. I eat around 1200 calories a day, and I'm very hesitant about eating any more because I'm terrified I'll gain weight... but at 1200/day I'm hardly losing any weight at all. What is TDEE? How does it work? (is this the right place to ask? Where can I find out more?)

Again - well done!! :D And I'm glad you think you could make this a lifestyle, not just a fad :) that seems to be the key to long-term weightloss! :P

here,here I am at 1200 and exercising but very scared to go over as I don't want to put on the weight but only losing very slowly. Very frustrating!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - congrats! I love the TDEE method - I've had my best success since switching to that about a year and half ago. Plenty of food, plenty of energy, and consistent fat loss. Best part is that it's sustainable - nothing temporary, not some restrictive diet - it works for life!

For those of you still wondering, there's great info on this here, in case you missed it in the previous posts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974889-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
  • sassyrayofsunshine
    sassyrayofsunshine Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    THIS!!! People don't realize how much it helps but it is so worth it! TDEE-20% is soooo worth the time it takes to research and apply. Congrats on your loss!!
  • tchnlrn
    tchnlrn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well to be honest, I did stall out and quit -- last summer/fall. I am a teacher and school is a stressful, fast moving lifestyle. I frequently do not eat at all during the day, come home exhausted at the end of the day and eat whatever is not nailed down. So keeping this going through August and September will be the trick. That's the big non-scale victory I'm working toward.

I've been watching the success stories and following the general weight loss chatter on this site for a while, which is where I first heard of TDEE. After 20 full days of 1200 genuine- I'm-not-kidding-absolutely-no-cheating-logging-everything-giving-it-my-all days with no success I knew I was doing something wrong. Hence the research. Take time to read up on TDEE folks. No one can learn this stuff for you. Google it. I like the fit2fat.com website as well. Good stuff. So I hope I haven't jinxed it by sharing my delight!
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I haven't been as successful but I haven't been committed either! WHAT you fuel your body with DOES matter! I am finally beginning to get that through my thick skull! :sad:
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Preach! I'm up to 1800/ day and losing, even took metabolic test at my gym...helped a lot. Many people under at and their net intake is too low. "Eat more to weigh less" is the key! Checkout the YouTube and forum group on mfp too regarding this topic.

Congrats!
  • NettyBird16
    NettyBird16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • terridyment
    terridyment Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Very exciting new indeed...Congrat's...