Macros/Grams??

Options
moss11
moss11 Posts: 236 Member
Hi
Following a 65% fat, 25%protein rest carbs, which means my macro for protein says 116! Is that figure grams as my LBM would suggest 64 grams of protein would be enough. Don't actively exercise. Just seems to be a.lot of protein when it is set to 116, total calories 1850. Put simply are the amount of macros MFP give when custom set in grams?

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Well that's the % you chose so yes its correct. 25% of 1850 cals is 455 cals divided by 4 grams is approximate 116g. What's your plan with this macro set up and what's your weight and LBM if you know it? Is it high? Personally not for me, in a cut I like to have more protein so I aim for 150g but at maintenance or bulk I aim for my BW in g of 120. If you custom set your goals you will clearly see they set the gram totals by what % you choose, so yes it's correct. But I aim for grams everyday not % as a percent goes off what your caloric intake is for that day.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Put simply are the amount of macros MFP give when custom set in grams?

Yes, they are.
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that answers my query. Being insulin sensitive I do much better on low carb, high fat and medium protein. :-)