Workouts advice

Options
So just started wanting to workout on a regular basis, and I have set my self an aim that by my birthday sep 8th i will be toned so that when i go out i will have a nice body in my dress...

Can somebody recommend some different workouts that I can do... The 1 im doing right now is good ive lost 3lb since saturday but i don't want to do the same 1 everyday...
I don't have any equipment, and i don't have a gym membership so body weight exercises only for now until i get paid an can afford some weights etc...

My workout that I do everyday:
Cardio 1 min per exercise!
Skipping rope
Mountain Climbers
Skaters
High Knees
Star Jumps
Globe Jumps: this is an insanity exercise!

Abs and Arms
20 reps of each 2 sets total
Long arm crunches
Bicycles
Reverse Crunches
Side Crunch
Russian Twists
Plank- 30 seconds
Push ups
Tricep dips
Sit-up
Genie abs
Spider Man

Legs and Butt
20 reps of each exercise 2 sets total
Squats:
Sumo
Narrow
Jumps
Lunge-right
Lunge-left
Surf downs
Bridge:
Normal
Single leg dips
Pulses
Sways

Thank you

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Have you lost 3 pounds since this past Saturday or last Saturday? Have you been eating at a calorie deficit too?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    If you want that athletic muscular look - you need to A. build muscles.... then B. Cut off the body fat so you can SEE the muscles.

Do concentrate on your diet- and just do a body weight workout 2-3 times a week.

You're diet will have a much bigger impact on your over all appearance vs the working out. (Obviously a combined effort is best- but diet first- workouts second as far as priorities)

And hate to break it to you sweetie- you didn't lose 3 lbs of fat in 2.5 days. You could have lost water weight- or taken a crap and lost that. on a 500 calorie deficit- you are going to lose about 1 lb a week. 3500 calories = approximately 1 lb of fat... 3500/7 - 500 calories a day.

That's where you lose weight.
  • dollop7995
    Options
    I know it seems bad and it probably was water weight or something but the main reason for this post was for a new workout to do....
    anybody know of any apps like for ipods or of videos i can watch online. I do the workout in my original post and sometimes my davina dvd.... i also sometimes do insanity which i have a full copy of on my laptop but i just cant commit to a workout everyday but over the holidays i will do it
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    just make up your own.

Or use these sites- lots of home based style workouts

thedailyhiit.com

lovingfit.com

angrytrainerfitness.com

nerdfitness.com

bodyripped.net

bloglaties on youtube also has some great ones

Zuzka Light on youtube is awesome as well.