Lot of difficulty with motivation and resisting the urge to eat

Options
I'll admit that my reasons for losing weight are mostly aesthetic: I just want to look and feel pretty. And even pull off men's clothing. Few people tell me that I'm cute, but I know I'm not with my weight. I want to feel good about my appearance, but then I feel like I'm succumbing to society's demand for superficiality if I lose weight. I don't know what to believe anymore.

I try to imagine myself looking great in a swimsuit or being able to get a tattoo, but then I crave chips or sweets and I shove everything out of my mind for the sake of physical pleasure from food. I tell myself "Roommate is 300 pounds, at least I maintain so I'm not as big as her."

I often have afternoon snacks and eat more after dinner. I really can't make myself stop. I'm on a form of birth control that could make me gain MORE weight and give me suicidal thoughts, of all things. I honestly wish it would make me lose all my appetite instead.

Replies

• JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Resisting the urge to eat isn't the issue.

Eating the right thing is the issue.

I eat at least 6 times per day, but it's real food. Snacks and chips are not inherently bad things but if those things are the bulk of your eating you will not get the results you want. Start simple and cook something easy but enough of it to be able to pre-package (meal prep) some food for later. This will keep you from grabbing the bad stuff.

Some Examples:
    Protein -
    * Chicken Breast, Lean Ground Turkey, Steak, Lean Ground Beef
    Carbs - No canned stuff! (fresh or frozen)
    * Green Beans, broccoli, asparagus, white rice, sweet potatoes, humus, beans (lintels),
    Fats -
    * Avocado, Nuts, olive oil

Seriously the first step is eating and drinking the right stuff.

Do this for a few months and you WILL see a change in how you feel and look!

Best of luck!