Looking for some VEGE/VEGAN friends

Options
Hello, I have recently became vegetarian 35 days ago. It's harder to loose weight and focus on my changed lifestyle with no meat. For instance, im avoiding a lot of carbs so most of my carbs come from vegetables and fruit. I need some vege friends so i can see what others are doing for protein and such that are essential for muscles.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You don't have to avoid carbohydrates to lose weight.

As long as you're hitting your calorie goals, you can eat carbohydrates and still lose weight. You'll want to ensure you're hitting your protein and fat goals, but I always found it easier to focus on ways to get more protein and fat instead of arbitrarily limiting carbohydrates.
  • decooper
    decooper Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm a newly transitioned Vegan just about a month.
  • lucillern1972
    lucillern1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been vegetarian for 24 years .. I can help
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    wow great. what are your every day go to foods for protein without so many carbs. I eat a lot of veges and fruits as well as black beans but im having a hard time finding plant based foods for protein other than beans.
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am vegan... or I should say plant based because I think vegan is more of a lifestyle and I am still in the process of excluding anything with animal byproducts in it or tested on animals.
  • tasha12004
    tasha12004 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    me as well. I still eat cheese(my weakness) but most of my foods are all plant based (almost no proccessed foods)
  • shelbyzoe91
    shelbyzoe91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me! Been vege for 6 years but recently became pescatarian, meaning I add in fish on occasion.
  • KristyDonovan
    KristyDonovan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 13 years and on-and-off vegan throughout. I've lost 35 lbs since about July. I eat lots of tofu and edamame, some faux meat products, nut butters, and I couldn't survive a workout without my Vega protein shakes. I eat a pretty high protein diet. I'd love to be friends. Although I don't eat any dairy I do enjoy cashew yogurt and some almond cheeses when I'm feeling the craving. I also have a small square of 88% chocolate everyday to preemptively ward off craving. You must try the Beyond Burger!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    tasha12004 wrote: »
    wow great. what are your every day go to foods for protein without so many carbs. I eat a lot of veges and fruits as well as black beans but im having a hard time finding plant based foods for protein other than beans.

Tofu, seitan, tempeh, protein powder (hemp/soy/rice/pea), soy milk . . .
  • BlueScoobie02
    BlueScoobie02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian/vegan, but I do love veggies and I'm always looking for more ways to increase my protein intake. My current go-to sources are mushrooms, lentils, and wilted(not cooked!) spinach. For higher protein grains I like rolled oats and quinoa. As far as cutting carbs, I'm currently in love with using spaghetti squash instead of regular pasta.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian since 2009 and vegan since last August. I love meeting other people who want to try a meatless/pkant-based diet!
  • TooTatToTrot
    TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here. On/Off since 2010. I just added morningstar products back into my life but once im done with these chicken patties i wont be buying them again. I dont eat fake meats, tempeh, seitan, or tofu. I use the MuscleParm Combat Protein Powder - 130 cals, 1.5g of fat, 5g of carbs (3g of net carbs), and 25g of protein. I mix mine with almond milk. I also have the Nature Valley Protein Granola - 210 calories and 10g of protein per serving. I eat eggs to help with protein as well. Not a lot of veggies but im switching to the steamer bags. I start a month long training at my new job in 2 weeks so you'll see a lot more pre-packaged foods (10 hour classes and tests daily), but i'll still be sticking to my calorie goal. Plus for Lent I gave up chips, cookies, alcohol, soul food, candy, and cupcakes/cakes, so my eating will be a lot "cleaner".
  • sarajenivieve
    sarajenivieve Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    im vegan and have an open diary if anyone wants to add me
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan feel free to add me
  • nxohmissfriedxd
    nxohmissfriedxd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Vegan for a few months now, would love more vegan friends to loose weight with!
  • arielnorth237
    arielnorth237 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for 3 weeks
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian of 11 years here and I've just started daily logging again. Feel free to add me :)
  • mjffey
    mjffey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Vegan for 8 years. Before that vegetarian for a while. You can add me if you want.
  • hannahmaguire311
    hannahmaguire311 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've gone vegan as of this week! Really enjoying it so far and a lot easier than I originally thought! Would be nice to see what other vegans eat day to day
  • SweetPotatoSammy
    SweetPotatoSammy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm recently vegan, you're welcome to add me. I agree with @hannahmaguire311 it's a lot easier than expected. It would be great to see what people are eating though! I'm happy to share mine, haven't been logging the last couple of weeks but am getting into it as of today lol