Shoulder Pain

2»

Replies

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    I constantly had shoulder pain. Make sure you are working your shoulder muscles to strengthen them. Dont sleep with your arm over your head. It puts the shoulder in an awkward postion. Thats the only way i used to be able to sleep. I had to train myself to sleep with my arms at my side. Its helped out immensely. Also frequently stretch your shoulder muscles before working out and throughout the day
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Rax1974 wrote: »
    Do you bench? Improper form can tear your shoulders up!!

Yes i have been using bench press probably that's what triggered it

even strict-form benching is notorious for setting up imbalances if that's all you do. maybe google 'internal rotation' or any other combination of words that seems to describe your situation.

i'm NOT saying this is equivalent to getting medical care. but there's certainly enough information out there to make the basic levels of self-care accessible. gl with it because shoulder pain sucks.
  • bufnitzoiu
    bufnitzoiu Posts: 147 Member
    If the pain is in the joints you can take Animal Flex suplement(you need to do a 3 month cure),and rest your body.
    If you still want to work out be sure to keep your body well hydrated, warm up and stretch your shoulders verry good( most of the injuris are from the lack of proper warm up) and lower the wheights you use.
    And you also need to go to the doctor for a good check out.
  • skyisthelimit2017
    skyisthelimit2017 Posts: 15 Member
    bufnitzoiu wrote: »
    If the pain is in the joints you can take Animal Flex suplement(you need to do a 3 month cure),and rest your body.
    If you still want to work out be sure to keep your body well hydrated, warm up and stretch your shoulders verry good( most of the injuris are from the lack of proper warm up) and lower the wheights you use.
    And you also need to go to the doctor for a good check out.

Thanks dude for your advice
  • skyisthelimit2017
    Rax1974 wrote: »
    Do you bench? Improper form can tear your shoulders up!!

Yes i have been using bench press probably that's what triggered it

even strict-form benching is notorious for setting up imbalances if that's all you do. maybe google 'internal rotation' or any other combination of words that seems to describe your situation.

i'm NOT saying this is equivalent to getting medical care. but there's certainly enough information out there to make the basic levels of self-care accessible. gl with it because shoulder pain sucks.

Thanks a lot for your answer and taking your precious time out and responding
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    You've developed a bone spur which is causing inflamtion. It will need to be shaved down.
  • skyisthelimit2017
    km8907 wrote: »
    Are you on the computer a lot? My mom gets bad shoulder/back pain from sitting at a computer all day. If the doctors aren't worried, I would invest in a masseuse.

I dont use computers often since smart phones came out
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    6 months is waaaay too long without a formal diagnosis at a sports med facility with someone who knows shoulders. Go and get it checked. Could be something simple like inflammation that needs rest, to torn cuff that needs more. Could also by systemic to a neck issue, so until you get a proper opinion you aren't going to be able to treat it.

All the best.
  • skyisthelimit2017
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    6 months is waaaay too long without a formal diagnosis at a sports med facility with someone who knows shoulders. Go and get it checked. Could be something simple like inflammation that needs rest, to torn cuff that needs more. Could also by systemic to a neck issue, so until you get a proper opinion you aren't going to be able to treat it.

All the best.

Thank you i did went they sent me back with saying do arm exercises with stretch band which did not work so will go again to doctors now as i tried that for 6 weeks.
  • diezel67
    diezel67 Posts: 97 Member
    Get an MRI to rule out any tears or other issues.
  • skyisthelimit2017
    diezel67 wrote: »
    Get an MRI to rule out any tears or other issues.

Thanks a lot diezel good advice
  • skyisthelimit2017
    If it is pain in the back of the shoulder, could be rotators cuff problem. If it is in the front, could be biceps tendonitis.

Its more likely at back