Question about STEP count for Gear Fit 2

Options
Hi. I'm using S Health to sync my Samsung Gear Fit 2 to Myfitnesspal. My Gear Fit says I have 6343 steps, but myfitnesspal says I have 10200. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is myfitnesspal adding steps to adjust for calories burned? Thanks!!

Replies

• djmom1
    djmom1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes!I believe it's counting phone steps too, even though I have them turned off in S Health. When I contacted MFP, they said to disconnect S Health, force stop both apps, wait 15 minutes then reconnect S Health and be sure to choose it as your step counter again. I'm in process of doing this as I type! HTH
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    View steps from all sources in sHealth.

What it seems to be doing is steps that the phone picked up, but the watch didn't (say while pushing a cart) get combined.

For example (my actual data):
    Gear - 9239
    Phone - 8465
    Combined - 13141

It seems the combined number ignores steps both devices picked up. I believe the "extra" steps in mine are when I am pushing a cart at work or doing other tasks at work that the watch can't detect or steps picked up while my watch is charging.

MFP gets the combined number. In shealth, when viewing mobile steps you can pause mobile tracking. That might keep them from being sent over to MFP.
  • gremlinreb
    gremlinreb Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I never knew that was there! Just checked my own and it's gear steps only which is what I was hoping :)

h78o1e2a4kyh.png