Hey Everyone!

Options
Hi everyone!

So I have been using the app for a little over 20 days now but I have been on my plan and journey for 30 days and figured it is finally time I get connected with other people. I am a 30 year old male, prior military, and had really let myself go over the last 5 years. I started this journey weighing 96.9kg (80kg when I was in my best shape) and had no idea about weightlifting or healthy eating. This is the heaviest I have ever been and I finally got fed up with myself. My goals remain to be lose weight and pack on muscle and more than ever have I realized and accepted that this will be a life long lifestyle change.

I am currently in week 5, weightlifting 3 days a week and I am starting to notice some small changes in my body to include strength and some small muscular growth. I am also currently down to 91.3kg as of today! The hardest part for me so far has been trying to find some solid advice on what I should be doing to build some muscle. I am eating healthy and clean and weightlifting but I feel like I should be cutting the weight and reducing my body fat before I focus on packing on the muscle. I just don't know how accurate my line of thinking is.

I am looking to make some friends to motivate each other and maybe interact with some people who may be more knowledgeable than myself as I often feel like I am just winging it. I hope to hear back from some of you!