I messed up...

Options
I mistakenly forgot to add my protein bar which was 190 calories...so now I am 183 calories over my budget. I did do 1 hour of weight and 1 hour of cardio...i usually only eat back 150 calories for one hour...Do u think I over are back exercise calories for 2? I'm so upset I messed up!

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Don't stress. It will be ok. Maybe eat a little less tomorrow....it's done.... and it isn't going to sabotage your entire week unless you've messed up a lot. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It happens. You've logged it now, and 183 calories over isn't terrible at all. You can cut 50 calories off the next few days to make up for it, or just let it go as you're still under maintenance calories.
  • zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I feel so bad, i was doing so well
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Yeah no biggie-it's going to happen to everyone. Just adjust going forward by about 50 calories the next few days like the previous posters suggested.
    And please remind me I said this next time I lose my battle with the checkout lane peanut butter cups.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Relax, no worries. Maybe eat a little less tomorrow but not necessary. Don't beat yourself up.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    would it be bad if I subtracted 180 calories from tomorrow?
  • zfitgal
    Options
    MFP says I need to eat 1380..i exercise I hour a day, I'm not really sure how much I burn so i put my daily calories at 1550, no less no more. I feel that's a great starting place...but I could eat 1380 tomorrow because of my little less up
  • zfitgal
    Options
    zfitgal wrote: »

No, it wouldn't, but please keep things in perspective. 180 calories is 0.0515 lbs.

I have no idea what that means lol
  • zfitgal
    Options
    Po_210 wrote: »

If you did, what do you think will happen?

it's my first week, I wanted it to be perfect ..
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    You're STILL doing well. If you want to eat less tomorrow that's fine...it's more of a cumulative / weekly (give or take) thing anyway than just one day. DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP.

These things happen. How you deal with it is key. Shrug it off, be more careful tomorrow...it's all cool.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I might get very hungry but I'll deal
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

No, it wouldn't, but please keep things in perspective. 180 calories is 0.0515 lbs.

I have no idea what that means lol

it means its basically nothing....your not going to put on weight for eating an extra 180 calories or even stop losing likely because its literally not even 0.1 of a pound
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Lots of people use their weekly totals as their measurement of success. Whether you borrow from tomorrow or spread it out over the next few days is up to you. It certainly wouldn't be "bad".

But you don't even need to do that, IMO. We have a saying here: "Log it and move on". Iow, treat tomorrow like any other day. Don't try to compensate or worse yet, punish yourself for today.
  • ajoseph5
    ajoseph5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Keep moving forward, tomorrow is a new day. Don't short change yourself. We will have days when we mess up. Dust yourself off and keep moving towards your goal. Hope this was helpful.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    180 cals is NO BIG DEAL. You didn't mess up, you don't need to correct for it and "perfect" is a really hard ideal.

You're being way too hard on yourself and considering this is only week one, your attitude will set you up for failure - not because you go over calories but because perfection is not sustainable.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    should I do a little extra cardio ibstead?