Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ladies... how much are you leg pressing

My trainer says I'm leg pressing a lot more than most females but I'm having a hard time believing it. How much are you leg pressing and how many reps?

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Zero. Can't remember the last time I pressed
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited February 2017
    I've only used a leg press for physical therapy and it used rubber band thingamajigs that my PT said were impossible to gauge exactly for resistance.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    i don't know how much i leg press, i just put on plates until 8 or 10 reps is challenging and i do a few sets. I don't think i ever added up the weight. its not a exercise i really care about how many pounds but rather how effective it is.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,434 Member
    I used to press my body weight ... but I haven't been in a gym with a leg press in years.

I used to like that particular leg exercise ... hated squats, always have ... but liked leg press.
  • kinesiologic
    kinesiologic Posts: 22 Member
    I can do 180 comfortably (10 reps) - maximum attempted was 225, though probably could have pressed more when I was at my peak fitness.

(Thank-you, rowing!)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    My max right now is 8 reps adding 500 to the sled.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I use the sled (the one you put plates on) as an assistance after squats. Last week, I put on 300lbs for 3x8. At one point (before I majorly deloaded), I was up to 540 for close to sets of 8 (can't remember if I hit 8). I'll be back up soon...eventually.
  • Monroe121
    Monroe121 Posts: 358 Member
    Honestly, It depends on my mood. I can press my weight or higher; depending on who I'm working out with, too.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    I only use leg press as an accessory lift, so after squats, deadlifts, other accessories. Don't really care about the weight, just trying to get a quad pump and I'm usually fatigued from my barbell work.
    My gym's leg press has a stationary platform, and you're moving the seat/your body weight and a preset stack of weights. I have no idea how that compares to the kind you add plates and push the platform. I don't do it frequently because I don't feel like I get a large enough range of motion on this machine. I think I did 250 lbs x 5 x 10 the other day, plus some resistance from my body weight I guess.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Wow.. I haven't leg pressed in so many months. Last time was in September 2016 and according to my little book of gains I was doing 265 lbsx10

Now I just do Olympic lifting and I've never been stronger.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    I thought I was doing well at 60kg for 4 sets of 15 reps!
    need to work harder clearly!!

some awesome weights! B)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    <Shrug>

don't know- it's not a number I keep track of really.
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    70kg - 20 reps, 3 sets. I weigh 49kg, so I think it's pretty good :)
  • delisha527
    delisha527 Posts: 62 Member
    i can leg press 210 50 reps 1 set or 180 3 sets of 20
  • merrysailor88
    merrysailor88 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I haven't used the leg press in forever. I tend to squat and lunge and whatnot for my leg work outs the last time I did leg press, I think I maxed out at 275
  • CassBurgos83
    CassBurgos83 Posts: 54 Member
    It also depends on type of leg press your gym has, our Leg press comes standard with 118bs before adding any weight. So with that said I leg press 3-4 sets of 12 @ 388lbs comfortably after I squat, lunge and DL.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    edited February 2017
    How much is 4 plates per side?