Happy Shrove Tuesday

Options
Oat pancakes topped with natural yogurt, strawberries and sweet freedom hot choc shot

Replies

• Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Mmmm just classic lemon and sugar for me and I make them VERY thin, more like a crepe.

Was flipping them at 6.30am this morning, two pans at the time, for the children, who also took a couple to school in their lunchbox. Husband will be making more for dinner tonight, so we certainly get our fill LOL.

I might actually try to give up sweets/chocolate for lent this year, never done it before, I'm not even catholic! :D
  • Keapix
    Keapix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm out tonight, so had mine yesterday; classic sugar and lemon all the way :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If I could get low sodium pancakes...

I'll be having an Italian pancake with chicken, peppers, and butter sauce (aka a pizza).
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I might actually try to give up sweets/chocolate for lent this year, never done it before, I'm not even catholic! :D

I'm giving up sweets and cakes, I think lent is just long enough to break the sugar-monster habit without being unbearable.
    But tonight, I will be having my pancakes with maple syrup and lemon juice.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to pancakes for dinner tonight too. I might have a scrambled egg on the side too. We make ours at home from scratch so they are actually pretty low fat and sugar free.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'm posting this recipe in every Pancake Day thread I can find!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/71708/pumpkin-pancakes-with-nutmeg-whipped-cream/
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    We're going out tonight to our church's pancake supper. Pancakes and sausage! (And I have a Diet Bet weigh in tomorrow, so I shall keep it reasonable and win my money.)