Pancake day!

Options
jesspen91
jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
I'm so excited for tonight. I worked extra hard at the gym this morning to put some calories aside. What are you all putting on your pancakes? I'm thinking of going with:

Savoury - Spinach, mushroom and ricotta
Sweet - Nutella and Banana

I might also have half of a traditional lemon and sugar because it has to be done. I feel like a kid again!

Also do other countries do pancake day or just the UK? I know some countries in Europe do 'Fat Tuesday' what do you eat on that day if you're from one of those countries?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Love the sound of your savoury pancake. And Nutella/banana is such a tasty combo :smiley:

I will be making sweet pancakes, unfortunately I wont be able to use Nutella today as the kids I'm making them for, some have nut allergies...but we will do lemon juice and sugar or some butter/jam. I will enjoy a few pancakes hot off the pan, nothing better :smiley: and like you I've done a 5 mile run this morning so I'm sorted for extra calories :smiley:
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Here in the US we're celebrating Mardi Gras or Fat Tuesday. Pancakes with the traditional link sausage with plenty of real maple syrup. Yummo!!!
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I'm doing chicken in white wine sauce (it's a cook-in sauce, nothing fancy) in spinach pancakes and then Black Forrest Gateaux style (chocolate pancakes, morello cherries in thick syrup, and vanilla ice cream).

MrsStealthHealth's dad always cooked her traditional pancakes with lemon and sugar, so I'll make her a couple for supper in memory of him.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @StealthHealth I wanna come round to yours, sounds yum! :smiley:
  • xzsharp
    xzsharp Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the ingredients, gimme some :D
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    @StealthHealth I agree both courses sound so yummy! My boyfriend is having pancakes for lunch and dinner but I think that's taking it too far! :D
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    With my homemade blackberry jam for dessert,
    and savoury Parma Ham with grated dutch old cheese.
    How many calories per pancake ?
    Bon Appétit
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    TARGET65K wrote: »
    With my homemade blackberry jam for dessert,
    and savoury Parma Ham with grated dutch old cheese.
    How many calories per pancake ?
    Bon Appétit

depends on the size of pancake and the amount of filling. Plug in the recipe to the recipe builder here and see what MFP comes up with.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    In my home every Sunday is pancake day. These days the toppings are usually Greek yogurt, fruit, and a glaze. @jgnatca on Instagram.
  • KiaraShay
    KiaraShay Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My go to pancakes are protein pancakes with pb and banana and oatmeal layered up! 1rr04pbtv1lh.png
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    r43akb8bazn7.jpg

Chocolate pancakes, cherry pie filling, vanilla ice cream.

Calories: About a gazillion per serving.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I ate half a tub of nutella and still managed to hit my calories for the day (this is not a brag at how high my TDEE is).
  • brettr23
    brettr23 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    YOU GOTS TO HAVE THE WALDEN FARMS SYRUP....0 CALORIE