Scales not moved in 6 weeks... underwear loose but nothing else?!

Options
I'm eating right, exercising and for the first time in my life focusing on strength training not just cardio. Logic (and everyone else) tells me that I'm gaining muscle hence the scale not moving which is fair enough.

'Go by your clothes' they say. Here's the bizarre thing.... none of my clothes are looser - but ALL of my underwear is?!

So am I only losing it from my butt? Because that's not cool!

Anyone else have this conundrum? Literally walking around with a constant wedgie too which is also not cool

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Can't really speak to your 'plateau' as you give no info on height/weight or calorie logging habits but...

Yes, I recall underwear no longer fitting right. And the annoying part: sometimes just going down a size does not fix the problem because your old 'brand' may be different than your new shape. Its a bit of trial and error to find what fits right.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You mentioned nothing about a calorie deficit. Are you logging everything you consume as accurately as possible to ensure you're in a deficit?
  • Fat_Fighter87
    Fat_Fighter87 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yep logging my calories daily, 1,200 of them. I'm technically not overweight just at the top end of my healthy weight range so I don't tend to lose weight quickly anyway.

I'm focusing more on the foods I'm eating so trying to eat cleaner, lots of protein, super foods and lower carbs on training days. I'm using myfitnesspal as more of a tool for tracking what I eat rather then calories although I do find myself eating 1,200 most days with the odd day 100 over or so.

I have just been focusing my my lower half so far however this week I added core into it too and some arms. Hope this info helps!

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your calories? If you aren't losing, you're likely eating more than you think. And already being at a healthy weight, you have to be as precise as possible as your deficit won't be high at all.