Girl Scout Cookies

Options
LeGaCyGiAnT91
LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
Is this an MFPwide epidemic or something? Luckily, I haven't been infected. I don't like the things. What's the big deal about them?

Replies

• sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    yeah idk either they're good but not the best. the caramel crunch version of their cereal is the best thing ever though.

I saw this at Walmart the other day and I was so tempted to buy it. I literally stood in front of it mentally writing my pros and cons but it all came down to goals I was sad. Very very sad
  • TH2017
    TH2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love Girl Scout Cookies but they always sell them at the time of year most people are dieting/getting in shape for the spring/summer. Just find it funny that they are sold during peak work on my resolution to loose weight season instead of say around Christmas or Thanksgiving. LOL :)
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    :o

Maybe one box wouldn't hurt right?! All in moderation they say... :#
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    yeah idk either they're good but not the best. the caramel crunch version of their cereal is the best thing ever though.

I saw this at Walmart the other day and I was so tempted to buy it. I literally stood in front of it mentally writing my pros and cons but it all came down to goals I was sad. Very very sad

like, the thin mints version they have is good, but its just disgustingly sweet too. the caramel crunch one though, its got the best consistency and taste of any cereal ever in the history of the world. i bought like 8 boxes.

• pageohana6
    pageohana6 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love thin mints. When I found out it was cookie time, I used some app on the web that tells you where and when the GS will be selling those delicious cookies. So yeah, I hunted them down.

Being a former GS, as well as my daughter, I don't mind supporting their cause/goal. It's once a year.

On a good note, I did see the Thin Mint GS cereal at Walmart. Just stared at it in awe, but ultimately passed it up. So I'd like to think I have learned some self control. Lol
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have 4 boxes.. just saying

I froze two boxes and eating on the other 2 slowly. I could not resist these adorable young ladies showing up at my door. :)
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the big deal with Thin Mints in particular. They are nothing special. At all. Just give me all the Samoas and Dosidos.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    Is this an MFPwide epidemic or something? Luckily, I haven't been infected. I don't like the things. What's the big deal about them?

I'm with you. I don't like them either.

Do they even do door-to-door anymore? Haven't had anyone even come to my door and I work from home so always around. Not complaining.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I buy several boxes each year. My family consumes most of them. I consume 1 serving daily and make it fit my calorie goal.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the big deal with Thin Mints in particular. They are nothing special. At all. Just give me all the Samoas and Dosidos.

I love the Thin Mints, but I love them so much that I dont buy them. I did try the smores cookie this year and I was unimpressed. I still have a box of Thin Mints in my freezer from last year.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    because they are awesome? to each his own - I only get them once a year and try to savor them - plus its a way to support local girl scouts in reaching their goals

if you dont' like them - you can buy and ask for boxes to be donated to soldiers overseas

This is great. I can't believe I didn't know this. Every time someone sells chocolate bars here, I just give them money and tell them to keep the candy bar. The cookies overseas is a great idea. Thanks!
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »

I love the Thin Mints, but I love them so much that I dont buy them. I did try the smores cookie this year and I was unimpressed. I still have a box of Thin Mints in my freezer from last year.

I was also unimpressed with the s'mores ones. It made it easier to throw them away along with 2 other boxes yesterday. It was a sad time in my life. :cry: :cookie:
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    I think it's a clever marketing strategy that they sell once a year gives us the sense of urgency I always fall far it
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I hate girl scout cookies. Not to mention they contain palm oil and I try to stay away from anything made with palm oil. I just cannot wait until it's over. Anywhere I go little girls are trying to get me to buy their cookies... no.. leave me alone! :p
  • TreesOfYavanna
    TreesOfYavanna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The gluten-free ones suck, unfortunately, so I don't eat Girl Scout cookies anymore.