How long till you started investing in new clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    When the old clothes that used to be flattering were no longer flattering. (as in the dresses started looking more like a loose sack rather than accentuating the curve of my waist)(My excess weight tends to go on the thighs, *kitten*, and front of tummy - I pretty much always keep an hourglass figure from the front..so clothes that are too loose are much less flattering). And when the sports bras no longer do their job/running shorts/capris/pants/tights don't stay up as well. I hate shopping though. If in person, I usually go to Amvets. Mostly I'm lazy and just amazon-prime a bunch of stuff.
  • fatgirlandrobin
    fatgirlandrobin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've always fluctuated between sizes, or I bought stuff online that was too small and I just never returned it, so I haven't really had to buy any new clothes yet. But I imagine I'm going to have to next time I drop a size. But I'm just going to buy clearance clothes from cheap stores (Forever 21 and Rue 21 have clearance clothes from 3-15 dollars!)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I dislike shopping so only as needed. My jeans are a little baggy but don't yet look clownish, so that can wait. I have just one t-shirt that doesn't look like a tent, so I'll pick up a couple of them this week.

Edit: Not to be pedantic, but clothes aren't an "investment." They're just a cost.

Second time I've seen "pedantic" used this week. I thought I had a decent vocabulary, but I had to Google it!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    I dislike shopping so only as needed. My jeans are a little baggy but don't yet look clownish, so that can wait. I have just one t-shirt that doesn't look like a tent, so I'll pick up a couple of them this week.

Edit: Not to be pedantic, but clothes aren't an "investment." They're just a cost.

Second time I've seen "pedantic" used this week. I thought I had a decent vocabulary, but I had to Google it!

Did I use it right? :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I went through SEVERAL wardrobes! I would have no clothes if it weren't for Goodwill, we have some great stores near us. I buy as much there as I can, then buy brand new for things I can't find there, specialty items, or something cute on sale that I like, etc. I have more clothes now than I used to have!
  • astronaught
    astronaught Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering when I should buy a new belt. I'm having so much fun punching new holes in a belt I could barely wear 6 months ago. 2 more holes and the end of the belt will be going through my side belt loop.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!