This is my plea....to EVERYONE at MFP

Options
Hi there guys! :flowerforyou:

We all know that sodium intake plays a vital role in your journey to lose weight and there are hundreds of forum posts dedicated to the role of sodium vs water intake and weight loss e.t.c!

I'm guessing that sodium intake is very important to count, and so I am asking everyone on here to do something that will ensure that future foods used within our diary's are as correct with regards to sodium as possible

When adding foods into the database, could we all, if possible try and list the sodium amounts? This will ensure that everyone is calculating their sodium intake correctly and is not harming their weight loss by retaining water due. If we ensure that all foods are submitted along with sodium levels, we can be increasing the efficiency and success rate of MFP! :flowerforyou:

I have looked at sodium calculations on the internet and have discovered via the NHS (UK) website this following information:

Sodium X 2 = Salt intake

Salt intake / 2 = Sodium.

I'm sure many will agree with me that many foods are missing their sodium levels!

Have a great tuesday everyone :flowerforyou:

Replies

• thecowgirl72
    thecowgirl72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. When I entered food items, I try to include everything on the nutrient list that is avail
    able.
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    When I enter a food, I always include all the nutritional values as provided by the labelling or packaging.

Cheers!
    Emme
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I also always add soduim as I am tracking it, I also edit submissions if it is missing.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I AGREE 100%! I also believe that if a member is going to go to the trouble of adding a food to the database, it should be ALL the info, not just what pertains to them alone. (Or don't make the info 'shared') It's THAT important to us all! Just my opinion!
  • MBSNANA
    MBSNANA Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion. When I look at something to buy at the store even before looking at calories I look at sodium content. If it is not available I don't use it. I have to track my sodium. I retain it in the lower parts of my body and something else when someone publishes a recipe for the rest of us to try could you please add the amount of sodium in the recipe? If not listed I don't try. Thanks
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion, when I add I add everything listed even the vitamins at the very bottom.