Bake Sale... eek!!

Options
Y'all, I have to bag some cookies for a bake sale (school fundraiser) and I know it's gonna be super hard to not eat any! I need encouragement and motivation to keep my goals and still make it through the process. Send me all your "Go gettem" words of encouragement!

Replies

• GeorgesGirl65
    GeorgesGirl65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do you have to? When my kids were in school I would abstain from anything that I was opposed to such as pushing sweets on kids and creating a new generation of kids with weight problems and sugar addictions. If there is some organization within the school related to this sugar pushing event, let them know that you would be happy to participate in some other fund raiser event. Sorry that is probably not too helpful, but I am a rebel always bucking the system. >:)
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Honestly keep your mouth busy with gum or mints, fresh and strong!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Make something you're not a big fan of. I make lemon melting moments - everyone goes nuts for them, but I can take or leave them.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Don't start. Not even a little bite. Think how they really are just a bunch of sugar and fat. Kind of disgusting.....
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Make something you're not a big fan of. I make lemon melting moments - everyone goes nuts for them, but I can take or leave them.

That's more or less how I deal with desserts. I make something low-calorie for me (Maple Apple Cake this week, which isn't frosted and has most of the oil switched out for applesauce; it's good, but it's also safe to leave me alone with it) and buy something I don't much care for, for any company that wants something a bit richer. I don't want to be the sitcom cliche "I am watching what I eat, therefore everyone else is also getting low calorie!" And there are folks that often want either both desserts or some of what I'm having. But I don't buy custard and I don't buy caramel or butterscotch anything, because I won't stop at a sensible portion.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (with blueberries, flax seed, and bitter 60% choc.) last night so I'd have some to take skiing. I just know I can only eat so many. I log them and fit them into my allotment. If you bake them, seal them up right away so they're ready to go. Put them out of sight so you're not reminded of them constantly. You can do this!
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Personally? I'd probably make something wicked easy like brownies in the box. And sort of detach while making them and then once they were cooled down, immediately put them in a box or bag and get them out the door. Same goes for if you have to work or volunteer at the bake sale stand. Think of it like a job that's got to be done. I've worked in a number of shops over the years that sell a lot of food, but I just put the food off-limits and focus on the job.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself that they're not for you. They're for the bake sale. Baking things because you're bored is a whole other ball of wax, but for an event or someone else, heck, get your hands out of there! Jeez, thief!! ;)