Tips on 3900 calorie diet

2»

Replies

• slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Almonds, avocado, Flax Seed (ground), Oilive oil, peanut butter everything lol.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Ok, my diet is basically porridge, banana an a shake in d morning, den more porridge an 3 or 4 boiled eggs later on brown rice or pasta or sweet potatoes with chicken with lots of veg, after that I'd have tuna and sardines in tomato sauce mixed with pepper an onion an an den eggs an beans an a shake. And that's basically it and I know it sounds like a lot but when you count the calories it hard enough to get to the 4000 mark!! And yea trying to bulk up a bit an I am getting very close to the 4000 mark but the scales ain't really moving up an if I only got to d 3000 mark some days I cud be down a lb or half a lb. can be frustrating by times when your trying to bulk!!

I would add butter, honey, whole milk, PB to porridge.

Donut or ice cream will give you the carbs & easy cals.

BTW, what is your fat macros on average?
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    A nice PB & J Sandwich with whole milk = easy 1000 calories.
    Some mashed potatoes, ground meat, butter = ditto
    Avocado stuff
    Some Ice cream before bed

As long as you're hitting your protein goals, enjoy your meals. I am 6'3" around 91 kg atm, and honestly maintenance & bulk is my fav time of the year. Just enjoy your meals. 4000 calories seems like you're shooting a little too high on the bulk side of things unless you're extremely active, and burn tons of calories a day. Then again, check with your scales at the end of the week, and adjust accordingly.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    I'm a female 5'6, started at 110 lbs, now 120 lbs after 7 months of bulking (long and slow, i know, but the results are happening). I had to figure out for myself my calorie needs because when I listened to MFP I just lost weight. Currently I am eating approx. 3000 calories a day, but my weight gain has stalled past 4 weeks so I figure i need to bump it up again. Peanut butter and full fat dairy make it easy to reach my calorie goals. I eat 6%MF yogurt, but you can get 10%MF greek yogurt that has tons of calories for a very little serving. I eat 3 TBSP of PB with lunch, stick a TBSP in my oatmeal in the morning. Add olive oil to vegetables and salads. Eat protein bars as snacks, I have a homemade shake before bed every night. Every person's calorie needs are different (although I feel a little sad for the huge guys who only eat 2000 cals a day, really??? I have my husband on a cut right now and have him eating 2400 cals/day to loose 2 lbs per week)